1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2008 11:29 AM by Newsgroup_User

Controls for flash video

ytlevine Level 1
      I converted a .mpg video into .flv format, then converted that into a .swf. I can import the .swf into director, but I don't know how to add controls to it.
      Is there any way to import a .flv directly into Director?
      And is there any way to add a control toolbar (like with a QT video) to a .swf?
      Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Controls for flash video
          Level 7
          After you bring the FLV into the SWF, go to the parameters of the FLV and
          look for the skin field which has the controls you want, and there are
          various options.

As far as I know, you have to load the FLV into a SWF and load the SWF into
          Director. The streaming option works better than the embedding option IMO.

One problem is if you set it so the controls only show up when the mouse
          rolls over the FLV to show the controls (skinautohide), it won't go away
          when you roll off unless you put extra background space around your SWF to
          catch the mouse rolling off.

Timm

"ytlevine" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:flltka$p2s$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I converted a .mpg video into .flv format, then converted that into a .swf.
          >I
          > can import the .swf into director, but I don't know how to add controls to
          > it.
          > Is there any way to import a .flv directly into Director?
          > And is there any way to add a control toolbar (like with a QT video) to a
          > .swf?
          > Thanks.
          >