• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ANN: Adobe Lightroom - Quick Start Guide free download

Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pleased to announce the release of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom – Quick Start Guides, which are FREE 70+ page PDF eBooks.  They're designed to help you get started with Lightroom and understand the basics, while avoiding the most frequent problems. There's one for Lightroom Classic and another for the Lightroom cloud ecosystem.

You can request the PDF at:  http://www.lightroomqueen.com/quickstart/

I meet a lot of people on the forums who have ended up in a tangle because they’ve misunderstood the basics, and much as I’d like to meet you, I’d prefer it’s not because you’ve accidentally deleted all of your photos!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

I put your new guide on my Kindle Fire HD and I know I will enjoy it.  (It displays brilliantly in the horizonal mode of the Kindle.)

I did register at your website, but an hour has gone by and I've not had the confirmation email to complete the process.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill.  I hope you find it useful!  Where did you register - in the Members Area or for the mailing list?  I'll track it down!  Scratch that, I've tracked you down in the Members Area.  You are registered, but there's a bug in the software that didn't send the email.  Thanks for letting me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria Bampton wrote:

Hi Bill.  I hope you find it useful!  Where did you register - in the Members Area or for the mailing list?  I'll track it down!  Scratch that, I've tracked you down in the Members Area.  You are registered, but there's a bug in the software that didn't send the email.  Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks.  I was trying for the email list!  Yes, I like junk mail about things that interest me.  Being a "Member" sounds better than just getting email.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have registered but still have not received a confirmation email to be able to download the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌ it may have gone to spam. Drop me an email via the website and I'll fix it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  This thread stopped in October 2013 and found a breath in April of 2015!  It was dead for 18 months!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LR6 version will be available in the next few weeks, but everything apart from the install instructions in the LR5 version still stands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom CC/6 version is now live on the same page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria Bampton LR Queen wrote:

The Lightroom CC/6 version is now live on the same page.

Thank you very much! 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great Victoria, thanks also nice how folks can choose either the new LR6 or older LR5 version of the book:

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/quickstart/

Just a quick question, wondering why you decided to remove the Installation chapter from the new edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools wrote:

Just a quick question, wondering why you decided to remove the Installation chapter from the new edition?

Because everyone I spoke to had already installed it long before downloading the eBook, and the installation process now varies depending on whether it's the trial/CC or purchased perpetual license, and getting into that seemed a bit OTT.  You think I should put it back?  Or maybe link to a webpage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The form to download your new quick start is not working... error 403. 😉

Thanks for  sharing your knowledge Victoria!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the 403 error as well. I can however download the demo docs from the link just below the 403 error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the inconvenience.  Spammers suddenly started hitting the form so the web host shut it down while I slept.  There's a new form in place temporarily while I sort out something permanent and I'll email everyone who had broken links last night with updated ones shortly.  Any more problems, just drop me an email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria Bampton LR Queen wrote:

Apologies for the inconvenience.  Spammers suddenly started hitting the form so the web host shut it down while I slept.

Sheesh, that's too bad.  But glad to hear it's sorted out and back up working again, that's good news.

One question on the difference between the old form and new form - is there still any way for folks to choose the older LR5 version instead, as there was before?

Thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools wrote:

One question on the difference between the old form and new form - is there still any way for folks to choose the older LR5 version instead, as there was before?

Yep, the confirmation email has a link to both so they can pick which one they want to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming, we're also seeing a 403 error, just had a reader comment about it...  Not sure why, but hope whatever it is, is temporary.

Victoria Bampton wrote:

Because everyone I spoke to had already installed it long before downloading the eBook, and the installation process now varies depending on whether it's the trial/CC or purchased perpetual license, and getting into that seemed a bit OTT.  You think I should put it back?  Or maybe link to a webpage?

Regarding the "Installing Lightroom" chapter, both points could be valid...  Previously, LR installation was pretty straightforward and most folks didn't need much help getting things going the way they wanted. 

Now though, it can be rather more complex with more users posting here and requesting assistance, what with the two flavors Lightroom CC and LR6, the differences between them, as well as how to convert from one to the other.

So one could say that it's perhaps a better time now for such a chapter than before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools wrote:

So one could say that it's perhaps a better time now for such a chapter than before!

I'll add it to my to do list!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i have not received the email confirmation to download the pdf

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't access your email address on here Steve, but drop me an email via my website and I'll make sure you get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks i have sorted it out. I gave my email address incorrectly.

BestSteve

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please help me. I've got error when I hit the subscribe button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know.  An automatic software update broke it overnight, but it's now back up and running.  If you have any further trouble, drop me your email address via the contact form on the website and I'll fix you up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I joined the mailing list and haven’t received any confirmation mail to download the the PDF (Lightroom 5). Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines