• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I just want to install the new flash player so I will have sound on YouTube again.

Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I have to go through all this just for a simple answer? Create and account? WHY? I just want to download the program which it seems is required to let my computer function the way it should and I feel like I'm being made to jump through hoops. Please, just tell me what I can do to download the flash player? Is that too much to ask?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

BTW - Sound on YouTube is controlled through the player embedded in the page - NOT the Flash Player plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neither helped. Still no sound on YouTube. I'm sure you're correct, however I've checked every possible sound option and none work and I'm still told by a banner at the top of the screen to download the new flashplayer so it seems SOMETHING is connected there. Thanks for trying, I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download the  uninstaller and run it to remove ALL Flash Players and registry keys from your system.

Then, reboot and run the installer I previously linked to.

If using IE, see Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer  and ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer  to double check that ActiveX controls aren;t blocking content from playing properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines