1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 1, 2013 8:40 AM by Jim_Simon

Losing my render files

dh91 Level 1

Hey all.

I know this has been discussed A LOT. But so far nothing I have seen suggested has helped me out much. Basically, and simply, Premiere is dropping my render files. It happened in CS6 (when I first started using the program) and now in CC. If I close the project and reopen, 9 times out 10 the render files will be gone, forcing a re-render. These are all files dynamic linked to After Effects, so it ends up taking 1-2 hours to re-render with a 4 minute video.

And now something I noticed yesterday, is that I am loosing my dynamic link renders while working on the project. I understand that when I change something in the After Effects it will update, and therefore drop, the render in Premiere, but now I am loosing my renders by simply clicking in the After Effects compotisition (sometimes, not always). Not cool. On top of that, I also end up loosing renders for comps that I didn't even touch. Loosing one render file seems to set off a chain reaction that forces all the other renders to offline as well. It's a waste of time.

My system:

Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate

Premiere Pro CC (updated)

Intel Core i7 3770k

Quadro k4000

256gb SSD (apps installed)

7200 rpm media drive (for footage)

16 gb ram

Any insight would be appreciated. I hope Adobe of aware of this problem and is trying to work something out. New features are great and all but a solid, stable system is even better.