14 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2013 2:03 PM by Kevin-Monahan

How do you make titles save to a specific bin?

Lone Lobo Level 1

Is there a way to force titles to be saved in a specific directory?  My system currently saves them in the last opened bin and it is making be a tad irritable always having to search for where my titles ended up when I am thrashing about in a caffeine induced edit frenzy.

• 1. Re: Titles Ahoy!
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Titles haven't been saved on the hard drive in a long while.  What version of PP are you using?

• 2. Re: Titles Ahoy!
            Lone Lobo Level 1

I don't care where they physically reside as long as they are all grouped together in their own Bin away from all the other footage.

• 3. Re: Titles Ahoy!
              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First select bin then create title, that is the way it works.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

• 4. Re: Titles Ahoy!
                Jim_Simon Level 8

Premiere 6.0, or Premiere Pro CS6?

• 5. Re: Titles Ahoy!
                  Lone Lobo Level 1

Premiere Pro CS6

Let me elaborate. I am not the kind of editor that is good about going back to my title bin, then creating a title.   I create titles as I'm editing, trying out different shots from different bins with different graphics builds, etc. Yes, I am one of "those" editors.  Half the time when I save my title, I have to go hunting for it in all my open bins as I'm typically moving around so fast I can't remember what bin was open "just before" I opened the title tool.  I would love to have a preset so that no matter what bin I've been in last, my titles ALWAYS get saved where I've told the project to save them.  I can have 50 or 60 bin's on a big project and just the mechanics of finding the title bin is time consuming to the point that it distracts me like a shiney piece of foil and then my train gets derailed and I am trying to figure out why I am looking for the title bin.

In addition to a preset title bin option, I would like to see the same thing for sequences.  Every time I make a new sequence I would know exactly where it is located in the project.  For now I can keep up with my sequences, but the title thing just makes me crazy.

• 6. Re: Titles Ahoy!
                    Jim_Simon Level 8

Sorry, titles go into the selected bin.  No way to change that.  You'll have to stop being one of "those" editors and, like the rest of us, select the correct bin before creating a title or sequence.

You do make a good point, though.  Let Adobe know how you'd like this to work.  (I wouldn't mind titles and sequences always going into their predetermined bins myself.)

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Titles Ahoy!
                      Lone Lobo Level 1

Careful Jim,

You may be lumped into "those" editors if you see my point.  Thanks for the help!

Ann had a link to the Adobe wish list and I've already filled it out and submitted it.

Thanks to all for confirming my greatest fear.  You all ROCK!

• 8. Re: Titles Ahoy!

Tip: opening/closing all bins at ones: hold alt while pressing the little triangle.

• 9. Re: Titles Ahoy!
                          Lone Lobo Level 1

Which little triangle? In what Bin/window/etc.?

• 10. Re: Titles Ahoy!
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

If one does not target the Title Bin (this has happened to many), the Title will be displayed wherever WAS targeted, BUT they can be easily dragged TO the Title Bin, after they have been created. When I forget to target my Title Bin, this is all that is required of me, to clean up the Project Panel, and get Assets into their "proper" Bins. An extra step? Yes, but an easy one.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Titles Ahoy!

Lone Lobo wrote:

Which little triangle? In what Bin/window/etc.?

Left side of a bin.

At present I am not at my editing machine so I cannot make a screendump.

• 12. Re: Titles Ahoy!
                                Steven L. Gotz Level 5

I do the same thing. After the project panel gets a little full, I sort by asset type and drag and drop them where they belong until I am back down to my standard six bins.

Audio

Video

Images

Titles

Sequences

Misc (text files, etc)

When I sort my video, I do it under the "main" video bin into multiple bins.

• 13. Re: Titles Ahoy!
                                  Level 4

I do same thing.. but gets more complex.. some titles are for credits..some are for subs.. some are 'informational' ( basically text to highlight that particular person interviewed or map or whatever ).. it gets kinda whacky.. but I end up draggins stuff where it belongs.. ( like housekeeping ).. just to get project panel back to where I dont have to scroll so much or hunt around for things .. as many titles get duplicated re: color of text, font, size , etc...and 'saved as' the new thing... new title in that sorta 'category' or ' bin '....

its kinda amazing.. the faster we go making stuff the more faster we wanna go.. theres no limit to desire... but housekeeping is cool too... relax for 5 secs...do it....and move on.. aint too bad with adobe IMO... is kinda easy .....

• 14. Re: How do you make titles save in a specific bin?
                                    Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi Lone Lobo,

I changed the title of your post to be more helpful to others searching on this specific problem.

Thanks,

Kevin