• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe - more details please

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how else to get this in front of Adobe managers, so I'm posting my displeasure here. I have asked previously in forums how to get detailed information about the differences between Enterprise and Standard editions, especially in CF 10. The product buying guide does provide a list of features not available in CF 10 standard, but there are no details on the differences where Enterprise has greater functionality. (i.e.sending email).  CF Enterprise is a major investment for all but the largest organizations. Why does Adobe not provide details on functionality and options?

Adobe - if you are indeed planning to continue with ColdFusion beyone version 10 you need to pay more attention to CF product information and documentation. I'm not here to debate whether Adobe is planning to drop CF, but just commenting that the product feels neglected from both a documentation and sales standpoint.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you already looked at the buyer's guide: http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion-enterprise/buying-guide.html

I agree, it needs more detail in the comparison beyond available or new vs. not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve, you are correct. I've seen this matrix but it's not really useful in evaluating capabilities. I don't even see any details in documentation. Overall I find the documentation (again, given the cost of the product) to be very mediocre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation