6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2013 5:18 AM by Steve Grisetti

AVCHD didnt look good on youtube.

ofmice5 Level 1

Can I use regular MPEG to upload to youtube?  I've tried uploading 2 times already using PublishShare/AVCHD/youtube,widescreenHD.  The youtube video has a distorted look.  My file looks fine burning it to DVD. but looks distorted on youtube.

I'm just trying to get a good picture quality on youtube without distortion.  How do I export without using AVCHD?  or any suggestions, how to upload AVCHD better?

windows 8, i5, premiere elements 11

• 1. Re: AVCHD didnt look good on youtube.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Many versions of MPEG are interlaced, and won't look good at all on YouTube.

I'm surprised your video looks distorted. What are your project settings, listed under the Edit menu? You might be outputting to a format that's different than your project settings.

• 2. Re: AVCHD didnt look good on youtube.
            ofmice5 Level 1

My project settings are, HDV 1440x1080. 30 frame.  Can I export using the MPEG tab in PublishShare?  I don't mind not using AVCHD. 

• 3. Re: AVCHD didnt look good on youtube.

If you use MPEGs, it will look pretty awful on Youtube. But you can give it a try if you don't believe me.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from?

• 4. Re: AVCHD didnt look good on youtube.
                ofmice5 Level 1

Sony HDRP J260V Handycam.  It cost me 500.00, so it's a good HD camera.  Previously, I used Pinnacle Studio 8 software (version from 2 years ago).

It used MPEG's.  It looked good on youtube.  Never had any issues with image quality on youtube.

This Adobe software is a challenge to upload quality image to youtube.  I'll  keep experimenting with it.

• 5. Re: AVCHD didnt look good on youtube.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ofmice5

Could you include in your follow up with SG some clarification on the details that you have been presenting.

You say that your camcorder is the Sony HDRP J260V. From what I have read that shoots

AVCHD 1920 x 1080

AVCHD 1440 x 1080

MPEG2 720 x 480

Just what is your camcorder set at? I ask this since you keep mentioning MPEG2 which would mean that you are dealing with 720 x 480. Yet your project settings are 1440 x 1080 according to your post.

The project preset should match the properties of your source media so that is why I bring up this important point which SG's questions have been targeted.

ATR

• 6. Re: AVCHD didnt look good on youtube.

ATR is absolutely right. The quality of your output is a combination of your source footage, your project settings and the Publish & Share template you've used for your output.

But by no means will a MPEG output look better when loaded to YouTube than an AVCHD, when you've got your workflow properly optimized. Because they are designed for playing on an interlaced television, most MPEGs are interlaced, which gives them an ugly "comb" look on Youtube.