4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2013 11:24 AM by Markpic

How do I correct distortions when making a slide show?

barbaric135

When I take clear and distinct pictures from my picture files and put them in a slide show with music the pictures become distorted and blurry.  These are generally good quality and print up fine.

Also how do I transport them from Elements to Premier, it has a tab to do that but when I get to the elements file I don't know where to drag and drop into.

• 1. Re: How do I correct distortions when making a slide show?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Pictures that are "overly" large may cause video editing problems

Photo Scaling for Video http://forums.adobe.com/thread/450798

-HiRes Pictures to DVD http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1187937?tstart=0

• 2. Re: How do I correct distortions when making a slide show?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Per John, have you ensured that any photos you use in a Premiere Elements DVD project are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size?

When you say "Elements" I assume you created your slideshow in the Organizer. (The programs are ALL Elements programs.) And then you selected Edit in Premiere Elements as your output.

If you do this, the slideshow file will automatically be ported to your Premiere Elements timeline. (For best results, before you send the slideshow to Premiere Elements, start a new Premiere Elements project using the settings for standard DV video.)

You should get an excellent looking DVD from this process. Although do remember that DVDs are only 720x480 pixels, so no slideshow on DVD is going to look nearly as detailed and high-resolution as your original photos.

• 3. Re: How do I correct distortions when making a slide show?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

barbaric135

What version of Photoshop Elements and or Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system?

In addition, could you please clarify?

It sounds like you are creating your slideshow in the Elements Organizer. Where are you seeing these distortions and blurs, in the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor Filmstrip or in the Premiere Elements workspace after you have transferred the slideshow from the Elements Organizer 9 Slideshow Editor to Premiere Elements workspace?

What are the pixel dimensions of the photos in this slideshow and how many of these photos are in the slideshow? What format are they in..jpg, psd, other?

With regard to what you wrote:

Also how do I transport them from Elements to Premier, it has a tab to do that but when I get to the elements file I don't know where to drag and drop into.

If you are in the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor and use the Output option Edit with Premiere Elements, then you would expect the automatic transfer of the slideshow to Premiere Elements, with a copy in video format (.psess) in the project media as well as on the Timeline. Nothing for you to drag and drop.

For all those reasons, I am asking for clarification.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I correct distortions when making a slide show?
                Markpic Level 1

The only time I have lost JPG still picture quality--was when I attempted to change a slide show Frame Rate.

And that was not--using Adobe software.

You can compress a file-smaller.

But you can not take a small file--and make it larger.

===

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 + 11 will convert files to larger frame rates--w/o losing quality.

I do that all the time.