5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2013 4:33 AM by stour

R Text transfer from PSE to Premiere Elements

stour Level 1

I have created text within PSE10 editor and wish to use it within a Premiere Elements 10  project as text (preserving colourizing, sizing, styling etc) not as an image  i.e. to be able to use the text animation within Premiere.

Can this be done? So far I have only been able to import the text into Premiere as an image

• 1. Re: R Text transfer from PSE to Premiere Elements
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Well, that Image can be Saved_As a PSD, then Imported into PrE to be used as an Image.

However, that does not appear to be what you want.

Did you create that Image with Layers, and Layer Styles?

If so, you should (I have never used PsE, but only Photoshop - the big-brother) be able to Save each Layer, as a PSD with the Layer's Transparency. Then, you could Import each Image (one Layer per Image), into PrE, drag them to separate Video Layers, one above the other, and then do your animation for each Layer/Image.

Let me know if I have missed what you need to do, and if that method works for you.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: R Text transfer from PSE to Premiere Elements
            the_wine_snob Level 9

PrPro has a function, that is lacking in PrE, to Import a Layered PSD as a Sequence, keeping each Layer separate. That is what I outlined, though it is by hand, and requires one to first Save_As PSD, each separate Layer - one Image per Layer. As PrE does not have Sequences, that function is lacking, but with a little more work, one can mimick it very well.

I use Layered PSD's all of the time, to animate each Layer separately, and can do that in PrPro (directly), or in PrE (with the workflow above).

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: R Text transfer from PSE to Premiere Elements
              stour Level 1

Thanks GBill will giove it a try

• 4. Re: R Text transfer from PSE to Premiere Elements
                A.T. Romano Level 7

stour

You can use Premiere Elements Titler/Text Animation only for the text created in the Titler in the Premiere Elements.

Even then, Text Animation works using the Titler's with Text/Default Still. And, unless special steps are followed,

Text Animation cannot be applied to more than one line of text.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/07/pe-titler-part-1-text-animations.html

Even though you can open the Premiere Elements Titler and embed an image in the title, the text within

that embedded image is not editable nor can text animation be applied to it.

And, there is no option in Premiere Elements to send a title file to Photoshop Elements for Edit with Photoshop Elements, text or otherwise.

It is my understanding that you were after the Text Animation feature of the Premiere Elements Titler to gain your effect.

If you go the route of animation creating serial layers (as .png) to be brought into Premiere Elements to be placed on multi tracks, this can be done in Photoshop Elements. Photoshop is not a must. I have been there and done that a few years back using Photoshop Elements Save For Web and Premiere Elements.

http://youtu.be/NC-DhLx_UU8

How many layers would you expect you would need in this type of scheme. There may be a maximum number of layer limitation. I remember getting by with 18 layers in the Photoshop Elements Layers Palette.

Have you fully explored creating the title in Premiere Elements Titler, text and image?

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/09/pe11-title-templates-in-adobe-styles.html

Please review and then please update us on your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: R Text transfer from PSE to Premiere Elements
                  stour Level 1

Thanks ATR useful info