6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2013 2:09 PM by Brian Havlin

Trouble with Skip Logic

k_gil

I keep getting the following message when I try to add skip logic to my questions.

Skip Logic Window.JPG

This is what my form currently looks like:

Info.JPG

The other weird thing is if I have an identical question before it (as shown below), I can add only add skip logic to the second question (I get the previously mentioned error for the first question). It won't show me any of my other pages or questions (last screenshot on bottom).

Questions.JPG

No Other Choices.JPG

I have loved using FormsCentral, but this is the only thing that is very frustrating. Any help to get this issue resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Trouble with Skip Logic
          Brian Havlin Adobe Employee

Hi,

Could you describe the behavior that you are trying to implement? Are you trying to show/hide fields based on the option selected in the "Please select your current location" field? If so, start by selecting the form items that you want to show/hide, click the "Show/Hide Item" checkbox, then select the "Please select your current location" field in the drop-down shown in your 4th screenshot. You would then be able to define the conditions for the show/hide rule.

Regards,

Brian

• 2. Re: Trouble with Skip Logic
            k_gil Level 1

Brian,

I would like to have people choose their location and when they click next, see questions that are meant for their location. I was able to easily create rules for a drop-down menu in another question, but this one does not want to cooperate with me.

I clicked the form item, "Please select your current location" and then "Show/Hide Items", but I'm still getting the same message that I mentioned in my initial post. When I looked at the middle drop-down menu in the "Show/Hide Items" window, I don't see any of my other pages that I created. It just gives me the option of selecting anything in that particular page.

• 3. Re: Trouble with Skip Logic

> I would like to have people choose their location and when they click next, see questions that are meant for their location

Do you have dedicated pages in your form for the location-specific content? If so, you should be adding Page skip logic. If not, you need to start by selecting the form items that are the targets of the rule. For example, say you have a field "Field 23" on page 2, that should only be shown when the "Jacksonville" option is selected, you would do the following:

1. Select the "Field 23" field

2. Click the "Show/Hide Item" checkbox

3. Click the "Add Condition" button

4. Select the "Please select your current location" field in the condition field drop-down

5. Select the "Jacksonville" item in the value drop-down

Hopefully this information allows you to get a little further.

Regards,

Brian

• 4. Re: Trouble with Skip Logic
                k_gil Level 1

Brian,

I was able to figure it out! I didn’t realize that you could add skip logic conditions to a “New Page” item. What I did was click the “New Page” item on my form, select “Navigate to Page”, and add my conditions.

What also helped me later in my form was when you mentioned to “select the form items that are the targets of the rule”; I was not doing that initially.

Thank you!

• 5. Re: Trouble with Skip Logic
                  k_gil Level 1

P.S. I was trying to do was use the concept of adding “Navigate to Page” skip logic to the location options in my form, instead of to the page. That’s where my problem was.

• 6. Re: Trouble with Skip Logic

I'm glad you were able to resolve this issue. Thanks for closing out the thread.

Regards,

Brian