1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 2, 2013 9:22 AM by Todd_Kopriva Branched from an earlier discussion.

Photoshop 3D

cesaralopez Level 1

I haven't found the answer to my question through general Google searches so here it goes (seeing that there are Adobe staff members commenting in here):

I have a CS5 AE project that uses several imported CS5 Photoshop 3D files. I understand that CS6 AE no longer supports Photoshop 3D files. (Thankfully, I found that out before deleting CS5 after upgrading to CS6). I'm continuing to work in CS5 for these projects since they require regular updates? What will happen to my AE project if I open it in CS6? Specifically, the Photoshop 3D elements?

Also, my file contains elements rendered using the Trapcode Particular plugin for CS5. Do plugins work the same way through the different CS versions?

• 1. Re: Photoshop 3D
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> Do plugins work the same way through the different CS versions?

In general, yes.

> What will happen to my AE project if I open it in CS6? Specifically, the Photoshop 3D elements?

Try it for yourself and see.

The Photoshop 3D elements should be rendered as flat 2D elements. That's what happened when I tried it just now.