1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 2, 2013 6:35 PM by Liam Dilley

Smartphone icon app button

johnkatz

I have created a website for desktop and mobile.  I was wondering how to make an icon button that can be downloaded on a smartphone?

mobile_apps_graphic.jpg

• 1. Re: Smartphone icon app button
          Liam Dilley Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there,

First thing you need to understand is all those are apps. Actual apps not websites.

With this in mind you can bookmark a website and add it to your homescreen. Normally it will use a screen capture of the site but you can place the following code into the head of your html for the home page / home page template:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="144x144" href="/stylesheets/img/ico/apple-touch-icon-144-precomposed.png">

<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="114x114" href="/stylesheets/img/ico/apple-touch-icon-114-precomposed.png">

<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="72x72" href="/stylesheets/img/ico/apple-touch-icon-72-precomposed.png">

<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" href="/stylesheets/img/ico/apple-touch-icon-57-precomposed.png">

I wrote a quick guide on the Pretty website about Apple Touch Icons , if you want to see a bit more information.