7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2013 11:13 AM by A.T. Romano

Main menu screen that shows multiple clips

timothyharris1050

In elements 4 I had a main menu screen that allowed me to access multiple clips.  This was not a scene selection sub menu but the main menu.  I don't see one in elements 11 and I rellly need one.  Is there any way way to import menu's from elements 4 into elements 11?

• 1. Re: Main menu screen that shows multiple clips
          A.T. Romano Level 7

timothyharris1050

Please specify which Premiere Elements 4 main menu you are referring to.

For now I am going to assume that you are referring to the Generic One template of version 4.

Local Disc C

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0

DVD Templates

General

and in the General Folder copy the entire "Generic One Folder" and paste it on the computer desktop.

then

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 11

DVD Templates

Common

and in the Common Folder create a General Folder and then place your Premiere Elements 4 Generic One Folder in it.

Please let us know if that works for you.

I prefer to go this route which Adobe uses for its default DVD Template rather than the Online Folder route under Program Data.

More later after you check out the above and confirm what DVD Template is your target.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Main menu screen that shows multiple clips
            timothyharris1050 Level 1

Thank You ATR. It worked and it has the exact template that I was looking for. Since I am editing in HD are there any other issues?

• 3. Re: Main menu screen that shows multiple clips
              A.T. Romano Level 7

timothyharris1050

These DVD Templates present on the hard drive with different menu sets, typically one for standard, one for widescreen, and one for HD. The project preset used directs the program as to which of the 3 to present in the Disc Menu section of your program. The Generic One has only the standard and widescreen sets. But even with HD project preset in your version, it will be a toss up whether it points to standard or widescreen, presumed widescreen. But, remember both those templates have frame sizes of 720 x 576 PAL whether you system is PAL or NTSC. The way of knowing which one of these sets the project is using is to save the project file (project.prel) and open its Notepad document which has that information.

But, right now, for starters, I would create the menu and see what it looks like and then we can try to iron out problems if any exist in your particular case. Probably none, but...

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks

ATR

• 4. Re: Main menu screen that shows multiple clips
                timothyharris1050 Level 1

There were no problems when I burn the DVD under the preset "NTSC_Dolby DVD" the menu looked and behaved as it should.  When I burned under the preset "NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD" it was stretched off the screen on SD TV but not on the HD TV.  I usually burn with preset set to "NTSC_Dolby DVD" because the people I produce for have a mix of SD and HD TV's.

Thanks for all your help ATR!

• 5. Re: Main menu screen that shows multiple clips
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

timothyharris1050

Thanks for the update.

I will do some in deep run throughs to see what menus are being used, but, for that, I would need additional information.

What is the project preset for the project that you are burning to disc DVD, DVD-VIDEO Standard? What is the project preset for the project that you are burning to disc DVD, DVD-VIDEO Widescreen?

What does the DVD-VIDEO Widescreen look like when played back on computer...stretched?

With the DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on the SD TV, was it only the menus that looked stretched?

What are your choices of settings on the SD TV?

Let us see if we can put together an explanation for what you getting.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Main menu screen that shows multiple clips
                    Markpic Level 1

Just re-create the files as they would be imported.

Start a New Folder of Prem 4/ for Prem. 11.

• 7. Re: Main menu screen that shows multiple clips
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Markpic

See Post 1 for details.

ATR