0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2013 11:26 AM by dirbles

Creating Interactive Lab - Command Prompt Simulation

dirbles

My company is trying to make the leap from Flash to HTML5 so we can be  cross platform friendly. I need to create interactive labs that mimic the command prompt in Cisco. My question now is would this be possible using Edge?

I'll basically want someone to enter in a particular command. Once they do that and press the enter key or cntl/z it will validate the answer. If it is correct the next line will appear for them so they can enter another command. If the answer is incorrect then they will have a pop-up that notifies them the command they entered is incorrect.

So I'll need to be able to validate answers and hide text boxes until the correct command is entered. I see code snippets for on click actions and such but nothing that allows me to simply press enter or another short-cut of my choosing to move to the next step. I also have no ideas how to make the divs invisible until the answer is validated. Is this even possible with Edge or do I need to start looking somewhere else?

Below is the completed lab text:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

R1#

R1#configure terminal

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

R1(config)#interface fastethernet0/0

R1(config-if)#ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

R1(config-if)#no shutdown

R1(config-if)#end

R1#

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is something I wouldn't have any problem doing in Flash with actionscript but I'm not quite sure where to begin with HTML5. Any help would be much appreicated.