8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2013 2:08 PM by the_wine_snob

Trouble Downloading PrE? This Might Help

the_wine_snob Level 9

If one is experiencing problems download PrE from the Adobe Web site, then perhaps the direct download links, provided by ProDesignTools (a trusted Adobe partner), will get around some of the issues: http://prodesigntools.com/

There is also a link for PsE, as well.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 1. Re: Trouble Downloading PrE? This Might Help
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

I used Mozilla Firefox for the Photoshop Elements 12 Premiere Elements 12 download of the free 30 day tryouts from Adobe.

The download was to my Windows 7 64 bit computer. The download and installation went without issues of any kind.

For those experiencing any download issues related to version 12, I would suggest that he/she try another browser first.

ATR

• 2. Re: Trouble Downloading PrE? This Might Help
            the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

I am with you, in that my first two suggestions are to use another browser, and to check security settings on the browser, the OS and with any anti-whatever programs.

However, some users still have issues with the Akamai Download Manager or Adobe Download Assistant, and then, there are some users, who swear off the Akamai Download Manager, due to issues with their computers.

This gives users, who are having issues, alternatives.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Trouble Downloading PrE? This Might Help
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

That sounds very reasonable, but.

I saw no signs of anything named Akamai Download Manager during the download and installation of Premiere Elements 12 tryout. There was an Adobe Download Assistant in the process however. In earlier versions, the Akamai presence was named and obvious.

The language that you use in your post regarding "some users.....Akamai Download Manager or Adobe Download Assistant...." appears to be from the link that you cited for a download alternative. Was that info for another version or product that was being carried over? Something taken for granted for 12?

Or, has the Akamai Download Manager been renamed Adobe Download Assistant? Just curious.

I get concerned about the prognosis for Premiere Elements as a video editor for those who find themselves where they have to go to other than Adobe for this type of download.

ATR

• 4. Re: Trouble Downloading PrE? This Might Help
                the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

The language that you use in your post regarding "some users.....Akamai Download Manager or Adobe Download Assistant...." appears to be from the link that you cited for a download alternative.

No. Those experiences are from years on the Adobe Forums, for various products. They are based on dozens, if not hundreds, of issues that users have come to the forums with.

There are two different download schemes, but that will depend on exactly what program one is downloading. If you download many programs, you will get the Akamai Download Manager, but if you download some others, like Adobe PrPro CC, you will get the ADA (Adobe Download Assistant).

Also, you seem to have an issue with ProDesignTools. Is that correct? Why?

Were those download links from other sites, I would not have posted, but I have worked with ProDesignTools for many years, as has Adobe. They usually have updates on various Adobe programs, directly from Adobe, before even the Adobe Staff has that info. They have also been a great repository for Adobe "trial" downloads, when those are no longer available from Adobe. They have saved many users tons of grief, and are a "Trusted Supplier" by Adobe. They are also active in the "Adobe Influencer" program.

Hunt

• 5. Re: Trouble Downloading PrE? This Might Help
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

No issues. Just curiosity. And, definitely did not get Akamai Download Manager with the Premiere Elements 12 tryout download from Adobe.

ATR

• 6. Re: Trouble Downloading PrE? This Might Help
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

Thanks. I was just wondering.

Hunt

• 7. Re: Trouble Downloading PrE? This Might Help
                      ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hi Bill, thank you for the kind words, our ears were burning...    Note that all the links we list go to Adobe's servers (i.e., we don't host any downloads ourselves) – so we're really more of a large directory to current/archive versions than anything else...  And yes, many users do find the direct links helpful when they're not able to locate or download their software by other means!

With Photoshop/Premiere Elements 12, normally the Adobe Download Assistant is used, although in some prior releases it was the Akamai Download Manager (as ATR points out)...  We just include the language of both because some customers still call or refer to one as the other, so that way they'll still find their solution.

But either way, we still get plenty of visitors who have difficulties with any of Adobe's download managers, which is one reason why we provide the direct links.

Here's the exact URL for future reference, which will take you straight there instead of our homepage: 

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

• 8. Re: Trouble Downloading PrE? This Might Help
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

As always, thanks for the information and the links that you provide. Oh, and all the great articles too!

Hunt