3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2013 10:21 AM by Lucia Lao

Printing Forms

CLH25

I have created a PDF form with multilple line fields. However, when printing only the first few lines are being printed. Is there a way that the completed forms can be saved and printed with the full content of the text field that the respondent had typed to complete the answer?

• 1. Re: Printing Forms
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

Please go to the View Responses tab, select a response (one-by-one) and then select Save as PDF button  on the toolbar. Once this is saved, you should be able to print the pdf-form-response that shows the complete content of the multiple line fields.

Hope this helps,

thanks,

Lucia

• 2. Re: Printing Forms
            CLH25 Level 1

Thank you for your reply. So my understanding is that the person filling the form out cannot save the fillable PDF then print the form with all content showing if they see a + in the lower right corner and only the end-user using web forms will be able to print and show all content in the multiple line fields? Or maybe the question I should ask is whether the text box has the capability to auto expand as you type opposed to enlarging the text box while creating and stating a maximum word / character count?

• 3. Re: Printing Forms
              Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

>> whether the text box has the capability to auto expand as you type opposed to enlarging the text box while creating and stating a maximum word / character count?

The text box does not auto expand (PDF form or Web form) to show all the content that the user types. 

You are right that in order to print the entire content you would have to do it via the response that you collected (as I mentioned above) or you can resize the fields when you create them if you know before hand approximately how much content you expect from the form filler.

Thanks,

Lucia