5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 1:58 PM by czaram

IE 10 issue in RoboHelp 10

John D 67995437 Level 1

Info on Adobe site says the IE10 patch for RoboHelp 10 enables webhelp to work in IE10.

If I apply the patch, does webhelp work ONLY in IE10 or does it work in both IE9 and IE10?

Thanks for your help,

John

• 1. Re: IE 10 issue in RoboHelp 10
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Both.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

• 2. Re: IE 10 issue in RoboHelp 10
            John D 67995437 Level 1

Thanks Peter.

• 3. Re: IE 10 issue in RoboHelp 10
              czaram Level 1

As documented on Peter Grainge's snippets, the RH10 patch does NOT work if you content is on a Win 2008 server.  That was the case for me.

If anyone else is unfortunate enough to run into this situation, there is a work around -- albeit ugly.

In the index.htm file, do this for the head tag:

<head>
              <link rel="shortcut icon" href="whstart.ico">
              <title>Insert Your Title Here </title>

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE8" >
              <meta name="generator" content="Adobe RoboHelp 10" />
              <meta name="description" content="WebHelp 5.50" />

<!-- comment out or delete the following line generated by RoboHelp
              <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
              -->
              </head>

Note that this is a bad solution if some of your users are stuck on a lower version of IE.

It also means you need to make yourself a giant note to remember to manually edit the index.htm file.

• 4. Re: IE 10 issue in RoboHelp 10
                Jeff_Coatsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That also seems to fix the issue of the funky serifed fonts that appear out of position when you’ve got multiple topics for an index term.

PS – I think you’re line is missing the ending forward slash - “/>” - isn’t it? Or is my e-mail just stripping it out.

• 5. Re: IE 10 issue in RoboHelp 10
                  czaram Level 1

Oh I cannot imagine all the weird stuff that will happen with css-related items for IE8.  I am REALLY not liking this as a solution and am afraid to look at all of our Help system!!!   But a lousy solution is better than no solution at all.

PS -- good  catch on the " />".  meta is actually self-closing so it works without it.  but to be consistent, yeah: "/>"