3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2013 5:45 AM by PECourtejoie

Problems with Type Tool in lowercase using CS5 OK with Elements, WHY?

OrrMcGhee

Problems with Type Tool in lowercase using CS5 OK with Elements, WHY? I have tried uninstalling CS5 and reinstalling the programme without success.

Message was edited by: OrrMcGhee

• 1. Re: Problems with Type Tool in lowercase using CS5 OK with Elements, WHY?
          Level 7

You didn't actually describe the problem you are seeing.

Please tell us the problem, so we can try to help you.

• 2. Re: Problems with Type Tool in lowercase using CS5 OK with Elements, WHY?
            OrrMcGhee Level 1

The problem is/was that when using the Type tool in CS5  the programme would not permit the use of lowercase letters. When typing a lowercase letter  e.g ”k” it appeared as “K”. I also run on that same computer Elements 11 and was able to use the Type tool for both upper and lowercase script. My other programme such as MS Word, Excel etc. were unaffected.  I tried uninstalling CS5, closing my computer and reinstalling CS5 but the same error was perpetuated.  In frustration, I believe I have successfully affected a repair by loading a PSD image produced on another computer which included upper and lowercase lettering and was able to alter the typescript image on that image in both upper and lowercase script using the CS5 Type tool. This morning when loading a “New” blank file I was able to use the Type tool in both upper and lower case script. The problem appears to have disappeared, but no doubt you may understand why this problem existed in the first instance.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Alastair (OrrMcGhee)

• 3. Re: Problems with Type Tool in lowercase using CS5 OK with Elements, WHY?
              PECourtejoie Adobe Community Professional

Hello, It seems that you had "small caps" or "all caps" selected in your character panel.

allcaps.png

Next time, right-click on the text tool icon in the option bar and select "reset tool"

resettools.png