I've discovered Edge Animate a few days ago and I really love that it looks and feels a lot like After Effects - you should exchange and implement some functions of EA to AE (i.e. the curves easing options) & vice versa though
What I went through, until know
First of all, I am a Worpdress user using a responsive theme and the Edge Suite plug in.
I've created a typo animation using a custom licensed web font and it took me a while to get it to work properly - the web-kit generated by the myfonts.com kit builder didnt' work with EA, so I had to let fontsquirrel create one instead. Now, the SVG font file gets exported upon export, but the EOT, WOFF and TTF files don't - not sure if it's a bug, but it's an easy thing to copy the files via FTP to the "../uploads/edge_suite/project/..." folder in order to fix this.
After uploading the animation to my server via the Edge Suite plug in, approx. 50% of the text elements are not in the right place anymore. The affected elements are all offset by a fixed amount of pixels vertically, while they actually should be centered. When I run the HTML file of the exported web animation locally, everything's fine though.
The problem occurs in Chrome, Safari, Firefox and on the iPhone.
Has anyone experienced a similar issue?
It seems like it is related to Wordpress or the Edge Suite plug in.
I've uploaded the animation (using web publishing) to a folder on my server, and everything is fine.
I have analysed the code of the animation being rendered on my Wordpress site, but the CSS coordinates all correspond to the parameters inside EA.
I've also installed the Edge Suite plug on a different Wordpress installation (a complete different site) of mine, and the results are even worse. It seems like the origin of some elements is being tossed around space.
That said, I'm clueless.
Thanks to the plugin developer, the issue is solved. The offset was being caused by some CSS code, defining line heights for the body:
This was causing a vertical offset across all my animations on two different sites. Removing that string of CSS code solved the issue.