2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2008 1:00 PM by mozgomedia

Dual Displays

mozgomedia
      Is this really possible? How do I make Director palettes go onto the other monitor in a two display environment? It seems Director only uses one monitor no matter what even though I have an "extended desktop" configuration over two monitors in Windows XP. This has been possible on Mac for eons. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
        • 1. Re: Dual Displays
          Level 7
          Drag the main Director window across both monitors (in order to do this, the
          window cannot be in full-screen mode), then resize or reposition any
          Director mini-windows or palettes anywhere within that Director space. I
          actually prefer this method over the "move palettes out of the main window"
          method. It seems to give me a better "within-program" feel and does not
          cause problems with my multi-monitor and multi-desk top system. I actually
          hope Adobe doesn't change the new Director to the Photoshop/Illustrator way
          of doing palettes as these "out-of-program" palettes tend to leak into my
          other multi-desktops (using AltDesk).

"mozgomedia" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:flchg1$csh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Is this really possible? How do I make Director palettes go onto the other
          > monitor in a two display environment? It seems Director only uses one
          > monitor
          > no matter what even though I have an "extended desktop" configuration over
          > two
          > monitors in Windows XP. This has been possible on Mac for eons. Can anyone
          > point me in the right direction?
          >

• 2. Re: Dual Displays
            mozgomedia Level 1
            Many thanks. That makes sense. Didn't even think of that...