5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2013 10:36 AM by A.T. Romano

Preview Finished Video - PE11

andrew-dd_1937 Level 1

How can I preview a finished video in PE11 so I can check the title page and scene selection buttons to make sure they work correctly?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Preview Finished Video - PE11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

andrew,

When you are in the Movie Menu section, look to the top right of the workspace. You should see a button there for Preview.

PreviewButton.JPG

If you need clarification on anything that I have written, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Preview Finished Video - PE11
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Andrew,

In addition to ATR's direction to the Preview, remember that the Preview Disc will be an emulation of the DVD, and not an exact display. It is great for checking the aspects, that you listed, such as navigation. However, it is not that good for judging the final quality of the DVD-Video.

For judging the quality, I use the Burn to Folder first, then use a DVD software player for the initial test. Next, I will Burn to Disc, using an RW blank disc. That gets tested on my computer, and on several DVD/BD players, hooked to various TV's. If all is fine through that process, then I burn the discs, that I will be delivering, using high-quality media.

Just a little caveat about Preview, but when used to test navigation, etc., it will do exactly what you want.

Good luck and happy authoring,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Preview Finished Video - PE11
              andrew-dd_1937 Level 1

Thank you very much.  All is now clear.

• 4. Re: Preview Finished Video - PE11
                andrew-dd_1937 Level 1

Thank you Bill.

• 5. Re: Preview Finished Video - PE11
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

andrew,

Thanks for the follow up.

I would add this beware re: Preview of Movie Menu. I have found that the Movie Menu Preview quality is not the "greatest" even if you go into Movie Menu with a Timeline rendered Timeline. There is no rendering of what you see via Preview in the Movie Menu section. And, next step is Publish+Share. I have found that Preview has its merits mainly in checking out the menu navigation.

Best wishes on your projects. You should do well. If any menu problems, be sure to let us know the details, and we will work with you to define the issue to distinquish between problem menu, project settings, or other causes. Make sure you provide for enough space between Timeline menu markers; provent overlapping buttons if you customize the menu in Movie Menu section, do not place stop marker after the last item on the Timeline.

ATR