1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 4, 2013 11:49 AM by Jacob Bugge RSS

Illustrator not responding

Why wil my CS6 Illustrator or the new downloaded trial of CC not respond.  When I try to save in Illustrator CS6 it will not respond for a good 10 to 15 minutes.  Now I downloaded the trial of CC and it won't respond right from the opening screen.

• 1. Re: Illustrator not responding
          Jacob Bugge MVP

Does it also happen if you have no other applications running?

The following is a general list of things to try when things are strange (including parts irrelevant to your case, to skip).

You may try the following (you may have tried/done some of them already) and see whether it helps (the following is a general list of things you may try when the issue is not in a specific file; 3) and 4) are specifically aimed at possibly corrupt preferences):

1) Close down Illy and open again;

2) Restart the computer (you may do that up to 3 times);

3) Close down Illy and press Ctrl+Alt+Shift/Cmd+Option+Shift during startup (easy but irreversible);

4) Move the folder with Illy closed (more tedious but also more thorough and reversible);

5) Look through and try out the relevant among the Other options (Item 7) is a list of usual suspects among other applications that may disturb and confuse Illy);

Even more seriously, you may:

6) Uninstall, run the Cleaner Tool, and reinstall.