9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2013 12:35 PM by justqit

Exporting video to Nexus 7

justqit

I have been unable to view my video produced using Adobe Premier Elements 10 on my Nexus 7.  Will the added features of version 12 solve this problem.

• 1. Re: Exporting video to Nexus 7
          A.T. Romano Level 7

justquit

What are the properties of the Premiere Elements produced video that you want on Nexus 7?

What are Nexus 7 requirements for such video?

Can we assume that you are on Windows 7 or 8 64 bit?

Once we know that, we can decide if Premiere Elements 11 or 12 has any advantages over 10 in that regard.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Exporting video to Nexus 7
            A.T. Romano Level 7

justquit

I have been checking online for file types supported for Nexus 7. According to one source

Video: MP4, DivX, Xvid, H.264, H.263, and WMV.

Audio: MP3, WAV, eAAC, and WMA.

So, back to the original question, what are the properties of your source media, including

video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, file extension, and so on.

There are various converters online, but let us explore what you have and what you have been doing before

going into converters.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Exporting video to Nexus 7
              justqit Level 1

Thanks for your response.  I'm going to have to do some research to get the answers to your questions.

I will be away for a couple of days but I will follow up as soon as I get back.

Thanks again.  I appreciate your efforts.

Kyle

• 4. Re: Exporting video to Nexus 7
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Kyle

Thanks for the update.

This is an interesting question. I look forward to working out the details with you.

Looking forward to your follow up when you get the chance.

ATR

• 5. Re: Exporting video to Nexus 7
                  justqit Level 1

Hi,

What I want to do is produce slide shows / movies using Premiere Elements including photos and videos taken with either of my two cameras.  PE offers a bunch of ways to share output but none of them are specifically for the Nexus 7.  I tried several of them including mobile choices but all produced fuzzy results or would not play at all.

Yesterday I installed a Flash player.  Now the selections under "Computer" play with pretty good clarity.  The results are not as sharp as I have on my monitor watching the raw camera video, for example, but it's close.

The overall best results seem to be from the number 5 choice under Computer/Adobe Flash Video (PLV Web Large PAL Source(Flash 8 and Higher)).   The export settings are frame size is 784x576, fps is 25, MPEG Layer III (MP3), 128kbps,sterio.  The source clip is 720x480, 29.97 fps. 

One way for me to get better results is to use the HD setting on my camera when taking video.  I don't use it now because it is a space hog.

Ultimately, I'll put the "movie(s)" I am creating on DVD but showing them on the Nexus 7 is a bonus. 

Thanks,

Kyle

• 6. Re: Exporting video to Nexus 7
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Kyle

Thanks for the update.

From what you wrote, you seemed to have sorted out the details for getting a good quality video from Premiere Elements that you can show on Nexus 7.

But, please confirm to make sure that I have not misinterpreted what you wrote.

Apparently you have found settings for a good quality flash video exported from Premiere Elements. But, have you tried to get the flash video into the Nexus 7?

From what I have read of the Nexus 7 video support

Video: MP4, DivX, Xvid, H.264, H.263, and WMV.

I would not have expect a flash video to work in that case.

If you still have not found a Premiere Elements format that gives good quality AND can be viewed in Nexus 7, then I will suggest settings that I think might work for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Exporting video to Nexus 7
                      whsprague Level 4

justqit wrote:

Hi,

What I want to do is produce slide shows / movies using Premiere Elements including photos and videos taken with either of my two cameras.  PE offers a bunch of ways to share output but none of them are specifically for the Nexus 7. 

Kyle and A.T.,

You may be making this more complicated than necessary.  I have a Kindle Fire HD that uses an Amazon modified version of the same Android operating system used on the Nexus 7. 

I copied a file I made for uploading to Vimeo to my Kindle by plugging it into my computer USB and using Explorer.  The file was made by Share > Computer > AVCHD  and picking an MP4 preset.  It plays beautifully.

Bill

• 8. Re: Exporting video to Nexus 7
                        justqit Level 1

Bill,

Thanks.  I tried one of the AVCHD options with the MP4 preset the other day and got fuzzy results.  I tried a different one a while ago and got pretty good results.  The pictures were perfect but the video was a little jumpy.  Of course there are so many choices it could have been the selection I made. 

I'll try more.

Kyle

• 9. Re: Exporting video to Nexus 7
                          justqit Level 1

ATR,

Here is what I did.  I watched a YouTube video, actually several, about loading Flash and Firefox onto an Android device.  I followed their instructions as closely as I could and installed both applications.

Then I loaded a couple of pictures and a short video taken with my camera into PE and started trying to export it to my computer disk using the PE "Share" tab.  I copied the exported files to the Movie folder on the Nexus 7.  Before I installed Flash no file with a .flv extension would play.  The only viewable output was using the PocketPC option and the AVCHD option.  Neither was satisfactory.  However, at Bill's suggestion I tried the AVCHD option again and got pretty good results.  Other choices may be better.

After installing Flash all of the options under "Computer" worked with acceptable results.  The first option under the "Computer" band was FAV-HD 1080p.  It had the best picture and video but on a reduced screen.  Almost as good but with a full screen was FLV Web Large PAL Source.

I have not tried to download a Flash video from the web directly onto the Nexus but I have every expectation that it would work.  The Flash extensions that are working are .flv or .f4v.

I would appreciate your suggestions for settings that I could use without the Flash application.  With Google and Apple at each others throats I have no doubt that Flash could quit working at any time. 

Thanks,

Kyle