3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2013 12:05 AM by Ethelwild

We want your feedback: Are you importing your own HTML into Animate?

sarhunt Adobe Employee

Hey Animate lovers!

Since our preview phases, Animate has the ability to import your own HTML creations to add motion and interactivity to your existing work. So for example you can make a site from scratch, Dreamweaver, or anywhere else, then bring it into AN for further interactive editing.

My question to you: Is this something you use? Is this something you find valuable? Can you describe a situation where you used this feature for a project? Or do you just use conventional method of creating animations on a stage and going from there?

We're looking for your feedback to help make Animate even better so please share if you've been using the HTML import feature and if you find useful.

Thanks!

Sarah Hunt

Product Manager, Edge Animate

• 1. Re: We want your feedback: Are you importing your own HTML into Animate?
          seriouscodecreator

I import Video created from After Effects into Edge Animate. I prefer the animation capabilities in After Effects.  Is this what you mean? I do more of the opposite, I import Edge Animate oam files into Dreamweaver and Muse.

I should add that I insert code (JavaScript & other libraries) into Edge Animate a lot more than I would like.

Bob

• 2. Re: We want your feedback: Are you importing your own HTML into Animate?
            robboerman Level 4

I think its really usefulll to have a "place html" option.

and a add css option.

that must look like minor upgrates but that would really help alot.

because users want to use edge animate for more things than just creating banners.

They want to experiment and create sites with it.

- Rob

• 3. Re: We want your feedback: Are you importing your own HTML into Animate?
              Ethelwild Level 1

Hi Sarah!

Thank You for your question and Thank You & the rest of the Animate team for such an amazing program! I am new to this environment.

What I like about Animate is the ease with which the entire web page can now be one flowing dynamic canvas - all within a designer's attention span for tedium + a little jQuery = free at last ;->

My approach to date: Generate the structure in Dreamweaver (support for the code challenged). Finish it - in Animate.

Would be nice to have a "live" code feature~link with Dreamweaver; such as the relationship Dreamweaver has with Photoshop "smart object" images (i.e. auto updates).

Current (and first Animate) project: Prototyping an interactive Internet entertainment vehicle - couldn't create this on my own without Animate.

And Thank You to All the Contributors to this site!