7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2008 4:16 AM by Tony_Bolero

Preview in browser change html code

Tony_Bolero
      Hi!

Often when I sketch web sites in Fireworks I preview the page as an image in my browsers, just to get a feeling of the page in its real environement, so to speak. Often my web sites are aligned to the center but Fireworks just put the image to the left and don´t remove the standard body margins.

Is there a way for me to change the html code used in the preview in browser command?
        • 1. Re: Preview in browser change html code
          pixlor Level 4
          I recommend you not worry about centering the preview.

Fireworks is a graphics program, not an HTML editor. The better thing to do is to use the graphics that you create with Fireworks, but not the HTML and develop your Web pages in a text or HTML editor. That way, you can put in whatever margins or alignment you wish.

• 2. Re: Preview in browser change html code
            Tony_Bolero Level 1
            Yep, I hear you, but that was not exactly what I ment.

When I preview my work in the browser I want to remove the margins and center the image to get a better feeling of how the web page will look when the work is finished.
            • 3. Re: Preview in browser change html code
              Level 7
              Sure, just view the code, change it to suit and save. Now reload your page
              and you should see it with the changes you made.

Peter
              |
              | When I preview my work in the browser I want to remove the margins and
              center
              | the image to get a better feeling of how the web page will look when the
              work
              | is finished.
              |

• 4. Re: Preview in browser change html code
                SkoglundJonas
                Thanks, but it´s not efficient enough for me to change the code everytime I preview. I want to change the code once and for all.

I´ve browsed around in the program folders but didn´t found anything that looks like the html-page that is being generated. Do you know if there is some kind of Greasemonkey script that can do the trick?
                • 5. Re: Preview in browser change html code
                  JoeDaSilva Level 4
                  My work flow is probably a bit different, so this might be way out in left field for you. But I create a new document and make it very large (2400x3000+). I then center what will be my layout in that document and design from there.

When I preview the layout, I just center the layout in my browser with the horizontal scroll bar. This is the only way I've ever figured out how to get around this same problem.
                  • 6. Re: Preview in browser change html code
                    Level 7
                    why not make a standard page (in dw) with zero margins and padding, and
                    single div centred with one image and then place the native fireworks
                    png in there, save and preview that page from DW and then when you work
                    on your fw image just save it and press refresh in your browser window.

when you do a new project simply swap the new fw png for the old fw png ;)

JoeyD1978 wrote:
                    > My work flow is probably a bit different, so this might be way out in left
                    > field for you. But I create a new document and make it very large (2400x3000+).
                    > I then center what will be my layout in that document and design from there.
                    >
                    > When I preview the layout, I just center the layout in my browser with the
                    > horizontal scroll bar. This is the only way I've ever figured out how to get
                    > around this same problem.
                    >
                    • 7. Re: Preview in browser change html code
                      Tony_Bolero Level 1
                      Good idea Dave. It seems to be the simpliest solution for the moment.

I´ve also found this Rich Symbol that looks like IE7.
                      http://www.fireworksguruforum.com/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=211