9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2013 8:13 AM by A.T. Romano

need help with elements 11

kco13

Using  Elements 11 video exported to dvd is distorted

• 1. Re: need help with elements 11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kco13

In what way is the video exported distored?

Thanks for the opportunity to help you with your Premiere Elements 11 issue. But we do need more details to get to the core of the issue.

1. On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 installed.

2. What did you or the program set as the project preset based on the properties of your source media? Did you video display fit the Edit Mode monitor completely while you were in the Edit area?

3. What are the properties of your source media (video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, pixel aspect ratio, file extension, duration)? Are photos involved? If so, how many and what are their pixel dimensions? Are the jpgs or other?

4. What did you select as the preset in the burn to disc dialog, the one for standard 4:3 or widescreen 16:9? When you got to the burn dialog (just before you hit the burn button), what did the quality area say for Space Required and Bitrate? Was that with or without a check mark next to

Fit Content to Available Space?

It may be necessary later to inquire about your computer resources, so best if you include that in your reply with the details requested.

The answers will be in the details. That is why all the Q&A.

Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification on anything that I have written.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: need help with elements 11
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

While you are gathering information to answer ATR's questions, you might also look at these links

The Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may help

Premiere Elements FAQ List (2 pages of FAQ as of September 2013) http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_faq?view=all

Premiere Elements TIPS List (6 pages of Tips as of September 2013) http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_tips?view=all

• 3. Re: need help with elements 11
              kco13 Level 1

it is very grainy and fuzzy looking, like the gains are turned up on the camera and it is slightly out of focus. I have a macbook pro with os x i think. I read that some people that had this issue had to reinstall p.e. to correct it. thanks for your help. Let me know if you need more info.

• 4. Re: need help with elements 11
                kco13 Level 1

i did export the video from imovie into premiere elements 11 and then exported to dvd and it was fine. then i went back in and added a few more clips from imovie then exported back to p.e. then the isuses started.

• 5. Re: need help with elements 11
                  Markpic Level 1

A fuzzy DVD will always happen if you take avchd and turn it into DVD-video.

AVCHD operates better as a PC File on DVD.

Until you have made a Blu-ray movie from avchd files--you won't know.

• 6. Re: need help with elements 11
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Markpic

The generalization may work for you (post 5), but it does not seem to hold up, especially in the discussion in progress. According to kco13

i did export the video from imovie into premiere elements 11 and then exported to dvd and it was fine. then i went back in and added a few more clips from imovie then exported back to p.e. then the isuses started.

So, since the answers are in the details, we will explore them to get at the core of this specific matter with Q&A specific to the details presented.

ATR

• 7. Re: need help with elements 11
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

kco13

Thanks for the follow up.

Please clarify/verify the scenario.

a. You produce a video in imovie in your Mac computer.

b. That video gets imported into Premiere Elements 11...is that Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 or 8 64 bit or other Windows operating system OR is Premiere Elements 11 also on your Mac computer with imovie?

c. This imovie video was taken to Premiere Elements 11 Windows or Mac for the burn to DVD (standard or widescreen?) where you obtained "fine" results.

Now here is where I am not sure of my interpretation of what you wrote

added a few more clips from imovie then exported back to p.e. then the isuses started..

From that I am assuming that the Premiere Elements 11 work is being done on some Windows operating system, presumed for now Windows 7 or 8 64 bit.

a. What are the properties of the video that went into the successful Premiere Elements 11 DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc?

b. What are the properties of the "more clips" that you added to the original Premiere Elements project?

c. What Premiere Elements 11 project preset was set by you or the program for the Premiere Elements 11 project in use for this work? Please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General, Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size.

Comments about AVCHD to DVD-VIDEO on DVD are not applicable until we get details indicating that your video has AVCHD video compression. Right now, we do not know the properties of your source media (compressions nor file extension) nor other related details.

Sorry for all the questions. But the answer will be in the details. But, whatever the case, your project shows promise in that you do get good results before the "more clips".

Might I ask...if you are using Premiere Elements 11 Windows, why? Premiere Elements 11 Mac should do the job for you.

And Premiere Elements Mac is a 64 bit application when run on Mac 64 bit.

Please review and do not hesitate to let me know if I have misinterpreted any of what you have written.

Looking forward to working with you on this matter to a successful conclusion

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: need help with elements 11
                        kco13 Level 1

I got the issue fixed thanks for your help.

• 9. Re: need help with elements 11
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

kco13

Thanks for the follow up with the great news.

So as not to leave a dangling thread, could you let us know what were the keys that lead to your success?

Anything in particular or just overall considerations?

Continued success.

ATR