I have written a large extension for InDesign usibng Flash 4.6 and Extension Builder 2.1. The name of the project in Flash 4.6 was "X", but the name i want to appear in Extension Manager is "Y". Changing the manifest's ExtensionBundleID doesn't seem to influence anything. I thought I remembered from EB 1.5 that that's the way to do it.
The only way I could set the display name of my Photoshop extension was in the bundle manifest under the section "Hybrid".
Hope this helps!
Thanks for your response! A few hours after posting, I managed to figure that out - although the rule seems to be a bit more complicated.
I found that if there is no need for a Hybrid (i.e., ID Host Adapters not used), then the ExtensionBundleID is the display name in Extension Manager. However, if a Hybrid is required because ID Host Adapters are used, then the Hybrid name becomes the extension name in Extension Builder.