0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2013 8:39 AM by Kenszie

Flash Player won't install even after a clean install (Attn: Chris Campbell)

Kenszie

Hi there,

I'm using IE on a 64 bit Windows 7 system and am having the worst time trying to get Flash Player to work.  It was working fine before and then one day, just stopped working, so not sure if that was due to an update or not.  I've followed Chris Campbell's 'How do do a clean install' video a few times and still have not had any luck.  I did notice my system did not have some of the files he said to delete.

When deleting from '%appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player', the file I had was NativeCache, not the same as he had.

Also, when deleting from '%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player', the file was not found at all, so I am wondering if it isn't installing this file in the first place.

When I've tried doing the install after following his directions, I still get the occasional warning to close Internet Exporer.  I've made sure I've closed all programs I can think of that could be causing this error and have even tried closing the browser with the download link in the first place.  Sometimes I still get that error, sometimes I don't, but still, no luck with the actual successful install.

Please help! 

Thanks!!