Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to download Overdrive Media Console to access public library book

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

As Jeff says, probably best to see if you can get help from Overdrive.

But you've probably already been to http://omc.overdrive.com/ , and they don't seem to have much help or a forum.

Bluefire that Jeff mentions is actually a different product than Overdrive that does much of the same job.

(Bluefire is what I use on iPad and it also works on Android).

On the whole I think Bluefire is better than Overdrive, and there have been quite a few cases of people having problems authorizing Overdrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

AphonseDaudet are you receiving a specific error message which is prompting you to post to the Adobe forums?  If not then your question would probably be best answered by Bluefire.  You can find a support page on this topic at http://www.bluefirereader.com/using-library-books.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jeff says, probably best to see if you can get help from Overdrive.

But you've probably already been to http://omc.overdrive.com/ , and they don't seem to have much help or a forum.

Bluefire that Jeff mentions is actually a different product than Overdrive that does much of the same job.

(Bluefire is what I use on iPad and it also works on Android).

On the whole I think Bluefire is better than Overdrive, and there have been quite a few cases of people having problems authorizing Overdrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sjpt.  Not an Adobe recommendation but I use Bluefire reader as well. 

Overdrive's main advantage is that they can activate directly on the device which could be handy to some users.  A lot of the public library systems in the U.S. also partner with Overdrive to provide their eBook hosting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for the assistance!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff, I'm pretty sure I activated Bluefire directly on my iPad.  Quite a time ago now, so I may have remembered wrong.

Overdrive partner with most of the UK public libraries for DRM loans.

I also only just realized Bluefire can download the .epub from the .acsm file, so no need for ADE at all.

I don't usually use my iPad for ebooks (much too heavy), so hadn't really used Bluefire that much.

I still need ADE to get the .epub so I can download it to the (Sony) eReader.

Anyway, it looks as if original poster is happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines