4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2013 12:02 PM by Learnapp

Drag and drop Movie clip

Learnapp

HI,

I am able to drag and drop movie clip. but I want to drag multiple movie clips from one single button. how?

Also, I want a draggable movie clip to be resizable by mouse movements.

New in actionscript

pls help

• 1. Re: Drag and drop Movie clip
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You would have to place all the movieclips into one container (another movieclip) and drag/drop the container.

In what way do you want the mouse moviements to resize a movieclip?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Drag and drop Movie clip
            Learnapp Level 1

Thanks for the reply!

I am new to actionscript.

Trying to  make a game of 10 players. Want to drag and drop players from single 'players' button onto the ground image.

secondly, i have an 'arrow' movie clip, which I want to drag and drop onto the ground image and strech it with mouse to show player movements. Want to make a drill.

Is it too hard to make this happen?

• 3. Re: Drag and drop Movie clip
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are new to Actionscript you should drop AS2 and learn using AS3.  That would make accomplishing your first task easier since with AS3 you can easily add/remove numerous items to a parent container to make accomplishing your drag drop goal easier.

As for the second objective, I don't understand what you tried to explain.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Drag and drop Movie clip
                Learnapp Level 1

I have Flash 8 in my laptop, which contains AS2, Can I upgrade by downloading AS3 ? how?

Apologies for not describing well.

Second objective: I have made an arrow image. Converted it into a movie clip. I want this movie clip to be draggable on mouse click event. Also, once its dragged to the stage, I should be able to strech and resize the arrow movie clip.

Thank you for your replies.