5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2013 3:13 AM by fgregor

Sorry, we are unable to log you in.  Please try again later

msalm001 Level 1

Hi there,

I see a few posts are online over the last year relating to this issue, but as far as I can see there are none that have a definitive answer - that's a bit shocking.

So I need to install the server behavior extension to DW CC and to do this I either need a direct download link for the extension (which there doesn't seem to be) or download it using Adobe Exchange.

However, as soon as I try to commence download or go to My Stuff in the DW Adobe Exchange panel, I get the infamous "Sorry, we are unable to log you in.  Please try again later".  It still didn't work later.

This is a fully registered version of DW CC, only recently installed.  AdobeExchange V1.1.0

Please help.

Thanks,

Mark

• 1. Re: Sorry, we are unable to log you in.  Please try again later
          fgregor Adobe Employee

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting in touch. You're correct that this issue has affected others in the past, however the root cause has always differed on a case-by-case basis - hence why there hasn't been one definitive resolution on this issue.

So that we can work out what is going wrong in your particular case, could you please email me (fgregor at adobe dot com) with the following log file?

On Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Exchange\adobeexchange.log

On Mac:

/Users/<UserName>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Exchange/adobeexchange.log

We'll do our best to get to the bottom of this as quickly as we can.

Best wishes,

Fraser

• 2. Re: Sorry, we are unable to log you in.  Please try again later
            msalm001 Level 1

Fraser,

File sent as requested.

Regards,

Mark

• 3. Re: Sorry, we are unable to log you in.  Please try again later
              fgregor Adobe Employee

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sending your log file across. The problem in your case seems to be to do with the device you're running on not having previously logged-in through either the Creative Cloud desktop application (https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud) or Adobe Application Manager (AAM).

Were you a Prerelease user when you first installed Dreamweaver CC? Did you install it using some standalone installer, or did you use Adobe Application Manager or the Creative Cloud desktop app to install it? When you installed, can you remember whether a dialog prompted you to login?

If you installed with Creative Cloud/AAM, the first thing to try would be logging out and then logging in again with whichever of those apps you used previously. Before doing so, it sounds obvious but a machine restart would be a good idea - there used to be a problem with caching which may be related, so a restart should rule this out (and also trigger updates to Dreamweaver in the Creative Cloud app).

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Fraser

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Sorry, we are unable to log you in.  Please try again later
                msalm001 Level 1

Fraser,

Thanks very much for your help with this.

I did install using CreativeCloud I think, and if not, then I did certainly use the desktop application subsequently.  However, I just opened it and it appears I was logged out.  When I log in on the Creative Cloud Desktop Application and then reload the Adobe Exchange panel, this resolves my issue.

Thanks again,

Mark

• 5. Re: Sorry, we are unable to log you in.  Please try again later
                  fgregor Adobe Employee

Ah, great. Glad to hear you're up and running again - thanks for letting me know what the problem was.

Best wishes,

Fraser