2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2013 8:55 AM by A.T. Romano

Cannot Export iPhone 5 Videos to HD

mrfilmeffects

I recently finished editing video shot on an iPhone 5, which I then attempted to export as a 720p HD Flash video. I uploaded it to YouTube and then discovered that it was in 360p, and only one of the titles/blocks of text was clear. Can someone point out possible causes of the problem? I really need this to be in HD. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Cannot Export iPhone 5 Videos to HD
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Premiere Elements FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

• 2. Re: Cannot Export iPhone 5 Videos to HD
            A.T. Romano Level 7

mrfilmeffects

Lots of details missing to help. Please let us know....

1. Are you still working on Premiere Elements 11 Window 7 or 8 64 bit computer?

2. If you are using iPhone 5 video, what are you using

a. Camera 1080p30

or

b. FaceTime 720p30

and what did you set as the project preset for this project so that the project preset matches the properties of the source media?

3. You mention what seems to be an Adobe Flash Video export...

Publish+Share/Computer/Adobe Flash Video

with preset = F4V - HD 720p (Flash 9 and Higher)

That preset uses as default 1280 x 720 frame size and frame rate = Same As Source.

4. In view of all that, how did you arrive at

I uploaded it to YouTube and then discovered that it was in 360p

Where are you see this "360p"? From the way this is written, you uploaded your F4V file exported from Premiere Elements 11 Windows to YouTube at the YouTube web site. Why did you select the Adobe Flash Video for this task?

5. Please consider

a. project set up with project preset to match the properties of what you have

b. if you want to upload a file to YouTube at the YouTube web site, look at

Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with preset of YouTube Widescreen HD. That will get you a H.264.mp4 file (1280 x 720 at 29.97 progressive frames per second). If you want 1920 x 1080 at 29.97 progressive frames per second, then go under the Advanced Button of the preset and customize the settings.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR