2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2016 8:32 AM by videomc74

Premiere Changes "Date Created" Data in Photos

JourneyFilmJB

I don't know if others have seen this, but I've found it to be a major problem. I have submitted to the bug database but I wanted to see if this is an isolated incident or if others experience the same and if so, if we can get Adobe to correct this bug as soon as possilbe.

In short, I've found that when I import photos into Premiere (to do a slideshow or timelapse or what-have-you), Premiere overwrites the original "date created" metadata and file info of the photo. This is extremely problematic as, in my company, we have a lot of photos that we need to organize by date in the finder window. Having premiere override the date created is very troublesome. We've worked out a workaround in that we rename all the files when we first capture them, but this isn't very satisfactory in the long term. It's easy to change a file name; it shouldn't be easy to change the "date created" time. To demonstrate:

Here's a screenshot I just took. In Mac OSX the screenshot feature automatically names the file according to when the screenshot was taken, so that will provide a frame of reference as we go along. Here's the info pane of the screenshot:

Screen Shot 2013-10-07 at 10.07.22 AM.png

Note that the time created is 10:06am. Also, note the metadata time when I look at the screenshot in Adobe Bridge:

Screen Shot 2013-10-07 at 10.16.02 AM.png

Still 10:06. So far, so good. Now, I'll import this photo into Premiere (in case you're wondering, I did it through bringing it in through the media browser, but the bug remains the same if you drag it into the project panel).

Screen Shot 2013-10-07 at 10.17.31 AM.png

You'll note, of course, that premiere doesn't read the "date created" metadata, but that's a weird thing that has been going on for a while. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

Anyway, if I now look at the original photo again in either the info panel or in Adobe Bridge, the "date created" time has been changed to when I imported the photo into premiere (which happened at 10:17):

Screen Shot 2013-10-07 at 10.20.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-07 at 10.20.27 AM.png

So, I believe this to be a major problem. I can't believe that this is how "it's supposed to work." Simply importing a file into premiere shouldn't change its file data. Please respond if you've had this same problem and maybe we can get adobe to address it as soon as possible.