6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2014 10:05 PM by Kyle Darkwelder

Premire CC was working, then I updated now it crashes when i open it

geofftech2

It crashes on me every time, sometimes whilst launching sometimes a few seconds after launching.  (below)

I have run it in comaptability mode, updated my graphics drivers, uninstalled it and re installed it - no joy.

All i know is that it was working fine until this morning, then i downloaded the latest update and now it crashes - constantly.  well done Adobe.  Any chance of you telling me how you broke it, and what i have to do to work around it?

Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
        Application Name:Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
        Application Version:7.0.1.105
        Application Timestamp:51cbdef8
        Fault Module Name:StackHash_b52b
        Fault Module Version:6.1.7601.17725
        Fault Module Timestamp:4ec4aa8e
        Exception Code:c0000374
        Exception Offset:00000000000c40f2
        OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
        Locale ID:2057
        Additional Information 1:b52b
        Additional Information 2:b52b269444f8530a855af81d9de37693
        Additional Information 3:71dc
        Additional Information 4:71dcadb22f2d01de9dc808ee16b39edc

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• 1. Re: Premire CC was working, then I updated now it crashes when i open it
          geofftech2 Level 1

I should add that this is the 'Appcrash 7.0.1.105' crash that there is another thread about, but none of the solutions on that thread have worked for me.  I'm using a new Windows 7 Sony Vaio laptop - and until i updated to the latest adobe version morning, Premiere CC was working just fine.

• 2. Re: Premire CC was working, then I updated now it crashes when i open it
            geofftech2 Level 1

Ok... 55 views and no replies! thankfully i fixed my own problem.. For the sake of anyone else who has it, here's how:  (And i think this procedure will work for anyone with video driver issues..)

Premiere CC worked fine up until this morning (10/7/13), the latest version broke it.  other threads would seem to suggest that video drivers needed updating... but my Sony Vaio laptop was absolutely already on the latest drivers - agh! how to fix?  this..

uninstall Premiere using creative cloud. then uninstalled by video driver (by 'rolling back' to the previous version') - which in this case was bog standard VGA.  reboot Windows.

now .. install Premiere CC again.  (whilst still in VGA mode).  THEN! install the latest video driver... et voila! it hasn't crashed since (touch wood, cross fingers).

a classic case of how Windows 'layers' its drivers,  and having the new version of Premiere CC on top of exisiting latest video drivers didn't work... but having the latest video drivers installed AFTER premiere CC was installed .. worked.

a pain, yes.  but working? also yes!

feel free to still leave comments if this is relvant to you...

thanks, Geoff.

• 3. Re: Premire CC was working, then I updated now it crashes when i open it
              Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi Geoff,

What kind of video card do you have, and which drivers did you install?

Thanks,

Kevin

• 4. Re: Premire CC was working, then I updated now it crashes when i open it
                Jim_Simon Level 8
                worked fine up until this morning (07/10/13)

On this forum, that means July 10th.  I've corrected the format.

• 5. Re: Premire CC was working, then I updated now it crashes when i open it
                  geofftech2 Level 1

Kevin,

HI there. I've got a Sony Viao (Windows 7) with built in Intel HD 4000 display.  the driver version i am using is 8.15.10.2712 which is the latest. there isn't a more up to date version. i've checked everywhere.

yesterday after installing the 10/07/13 CC updated of Premiere, it then crashed everytime i launched.

unintsalling my video driver, re-installing Premiere CC and then installing the 8.15.10.2712 video driver got it to work all last night - EXCEPT that then, when i fired it up to some work, it crashed again the first time.  it's been running ok every since, but i'm pressing CTRL-S regularly as i now completely don't trust it.    Not a great advert for your product ...  makes me consider swiching back to Mac/FCP but Premiere is so much nicer to use, i don't really want to have to switch back.

any thoughts?

thanks, Geoff.

• 6. Re: Premire CC was working, then I updated now it crashes when i open it
                    Kyle Darkwelder

Same issue. It was working fine yesterday (in fact I got a LOT of complex editing done...) and then this morning it crashes every time, with the same message about video drives. I tried looking into my drive, but it's an old 2009 version that has nothing to update to and has not updated! This is really, really annoying.