• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link one Captivate file to another and get them to open during runtime

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been struggling with trying to link Captivate projects within each other and get them to work. I'm using Captivate 6.

The way I'm planning to structure my course is as follows:

1. Main project -- This is the main UI and shell that is going to house other Captivate projects, namely various demo recordings done in other files.

2. Project 1 - One such demo Captivate project

3. Project 2 - Another demo Captivate project.

Think of the Main Project as a menu page only that has two buttons, 1) "Go to Project 1" and 2) "Go to Project 2". I'm trying to publish this such that when you click "Go to Project 1", the Project 1 Captivate project launches and equally important, in Project 1, when the learner clicks the "Back to Menu", the learner is returned to the 'Main Project' file. Not sure how would I publish each of the three files and then how do I arrange the published output folders for each of these.

LinkedCaptivateProjects.png

Can someone please help me with this.

Thanks,

Sean

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How will the files be deployed?

Normally you'll use the option 'Open another project' and point to the cptx file of that child project. You have to be careful to have everything published, uploaded in the same folder with the same structure. CP will figure out which published SWF (or HTML5) to use.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've done that. The thing is that the output folders of each project have certain common files such as 'standard.js' & 'captivate.css' Do I copy those in the root of the Main project also?

Also, while clicking on the Main Project takes me to the child project (Project 1 and Project 2), clicking 'Back to Menu' on the child project doesnt take me back to the main.

-Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sean

Did you finally manage to create your single Cp file with this 'menu' access?

if yes I d be interested to know how you did it...

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is off topic, it was about linking project files together, not having everything in a single file. That last one is much easier, you just have to set up the navigation correctly, and do not use a default playbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources