4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2009 8:02 PM by Newsgroup_User

Deployment License

amersohail794
      HI
      if i develop a commercial application using flex sdk and flexbuilder without services component, then i have to purchase license of flex builder. I want to know whether end user of my commercial application have to purchase any license for flex sdk / flexbuilder or not.
        • 1. Re: Deployment License
          davidmedifit Level 1
          Short answer is "no". Your output (project) will be a flash movie, and this can be deployed without cost to your client/end user. Also, I'm not sure about the first part of your question. You can download the Flex SDK for free, at no cost to you, to develop your application, OR you can purchase Flex Builder. You are under no obligation to purchase Flex Builder to create your application.

Cheers,

David
          • 2. Deployment License
            adamarakelian
            Is there a Flex SDK which does not contain the MPL 1.1 license? What is the difference between the free Flex 3 SDK and the commercial version, and how do I obtain the commerical version, or rather, how do I obtain an SDK which does not contain the MPL 1.1 license?

Adam
            • 3. Re: Deployment License
              davidmedifit Level 1
              Hi Adam - lots of questions there, so I'll do my best. The SDK you download from adobe.com/flex is the "standard" version. The license agreement doesn't cover MPL. It's only when you start dealing with open source versions that you get into the MPL stuff (personally, I've stayed clear of OS, so I can't help you much with that).

There is no difference between the "commercial" and "free" versions. Flex 3 SDK *is* free. The "commercial", or paid option regards Flex Builder, the product. If you WANT to, you can pay for this product to help you develop Flex applications.

Cheers,

David
              • 4. Re: Deployment License
                Level 7

"davidmedifit" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:gqem32$bc4$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Hi Adam - lots of questions there, so I'll do my best. The SDK you
                > download
                > from adobe.com/flex is the "standard" version. The license agreement
                > doesn't
                > cover MPL. It's only when you start dealing with open source versions that
                > you
                > get into the MPL stuff (personally, I've stayed clear of OS, so I can't
                > help
                > you much with that).
                >
                > There is no difference between the "commercial" and "free" versions. Flex
                > 3
                > SDK *is* free. The "commercial", or paid option regards Flex Builder, the
                > product. If you WANT to, you can pay for this product to help you develop
                > Flex
                > applications.

There is a difference. The free version does not contain the data
                visualization code.