6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2014 8:37 AM by A.T. Romano

Any Invalid Serial Number Installation Issue With PSE 12 - PE 12 Windows or Mac ?

A.T. Romano Level 7

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5711110#5711110

Today I went from Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 tryouts to the purchased boxed versions that came with two installation discs. One of the discs was for Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 Windows and the other for these versions on Mac.

On Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit desktop computer, I was hit with Invalid Serial Number for the installation of Photoshop Elements 12 which I did first. Tried 4X, double and triple checking to make sure this was not "user error". It was not. On the 5th try, the purchased serial number was accepted and the installation went to a successful completion.

Tonight a friend alerted me to reports of similar happening for a lot of Photoshop Elements 12 Mac users. See the link posted at the top of my post.

At no time did I see this problem with Premiere Elements 12 installation from the same disc as for Photoshop Elements 12 installation.

Afterward, I installed these programs with the same installation disc on my laptop computer Windows 8 64 bit, I did not have any problems with either installation.

At this time, I do not know if this Invalid Serial Number is elusive to Photoshop Elements 12 or not.

If anyone is experiencing this problem with Premiere Elements, please let us know.

From the link above, it would appear that Adobe is working on the issue.

Thanks.

ATR