4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2013 8:35 PM by jaycmill

audio drops after 7 seconds

jaycmill

Hi members,

I have recorded an audio which has 16 channels through black magic card. When I import thr videos on the timeline and play it stops after 7 seconds. I can scrub it though but play does not work. I'm on windows 8 using PP 7.0.1 with black magic Intensity pro Installed with latest update. I have gtx 650m card fully updated to new drivers, blackmagic card is alo updated and my older project play fine.

any suggestions???

• 1. Re: audio drops after 7 seconds
          Vinay Dwivedi Adobe Employee

Hi jaycmill,

Thanks for you post. Please go to edit/preferences and check the playback settings and audio hardware settings are set to black magic. Also, please check whether all the audio tracks show the waveform or not.

Regards,

Vinay

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: audio drops after 7 seconds
            jaycmill Level 1

Hi Vinay Dwivedi,

I think I got your point. The audio and playback are set to black magic but only audio 1 and audio 2 have waveforms rest all are empty as if they were never recorded. So i tried to delete rest audio tracks but still there is no playback.

Thanks in advance

• 3. Re: audio drops after 7 seconds
              Vinay Dwivedi Adobe Employee

Hi jaycmill,

Thanks for the reply. Please unlink the audio and video and then select the audio and go to clip menu/audio option and try render and replace. Check the playback again ot might take care of the issue.

Regards,

Vinay

• 4. Re: audio drops after 7 seconds
                jaycmill Level 1

In the meanwhile I tried this and it worked. I had never faced this issue before. I think black magic recorded only two channels. So I will contact black magic for this issue as my last project has 16 channels and they worked fine. Hope it is not pp because I never had problems with pp atleast with audio channels. I appreciate your help and your time I would have never figure it out thanks a lot again.