Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web Applications

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been developing in ColdFusion since Version 4.5 but recently I am bit out-of-date on the latest products.

I have a coldfusion server version 9 with a SQL Server database.

I need to write a auction application and need to create a web application rather than a web page. What technologies would be best to do this?

Cheers

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Node.js could be helpful. There are some slides here http://www.slideshare.net/beatlevic/when-to-use-node-lessons-learned and some pseudocode for an auction app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Node.js could be helpful. There are some slides here http://www.slideshare.net/beatlevic/when-to-use-node-lessons-learned and some pseudocode for an auction app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information, I haven't heard of that one however I am downloading it at the moment for an evaluation.

Is there any legs in using Adobe Air? Or CF Builder / Flash Builder?

I did do the original course "Developing Rich Interment Application", but I didn't think Flash was a very good platform at the time, of course that was about 7 years.

Cheers

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standard evaluations of node.js are a bit lacking I recall, but there are a lot of other online resources. It has quite a steep learning curve. I don't use Air or Flash, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a problem, up until the point of MX the web was fairly simple on what you could develop with then it seems to have exploded. Research continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation