6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2013 6:31 PM by A.T. Romano

PE12 Major Concerns

A.T. Romano Level 7

At the moment that Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 tryouts were released (around September 24th), I have been checking out both programs in depth and reporting on them. Essentially no problems, especially not with File/New/Project and closing the project.

I just uninstalled the tryouts and installed the purchased products from the installation disc. Then major problems started.

First it was the Photoshop Elements 12 Windows Invalid Serial Number that took 5 tries before it took on the Windows 7 64 bit computer. Premiere Elements 12 was unaffected by this one. No problems were seen in this regard with these programs in Windows 8 64 bit.

Adobe Staff Member wrote to explain the latter

"Actually with Elements12 Serial number validation happens online.Due to some firewall or network issues, sometimes serial number(SN) validation fails for win Elements12.

The simple solution to this is to restart your machine and try to install with SN"

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5744155#5744155

Now today I am finding major problems with Premiere Elements 12 performance

a. File Menu/New/Project takes about 1 minute and 15 seconds before it appears and is available.

b. Unless I use Task Manager to do the job, its takes a little over 30 seconds in order to close Premiere Elements 12..

Upon request I will go into each and every one of the troubleshooting steps that I have taken.

a. Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file deletion

b. Deactivate, uninstall, ccleaner (regular and registry), reinstall

c. With and Without Nework Firewalls, Anti-Virus, and Spyware and other protection disabled

d. Computer Restarts

e. Etc.

There is no media introduced yet when File Menu/New/Project has the extended delay time for the appearance of the new project dialog.

Is anyone else running into similar problems after installation of Premiere Elements 12 Windows or Mac from disc.

I cannot invoke Nework Firewall, Anti-Virus, and Spyware and other protection to explain this situation. I need to inquire with Adobe "Could this be a Adobe Server issue and/or a defective installation disc?

Looking forward to learning of any other experiences in this regard.

I will report back as I continue to troubleshoot this first hand. Any breakthrough will be reported here.

Thanks.

ATR

• 1. Re: PE12 Major Concerns
          whsprague Level 4

We need clarification on the computer, operating system and what's running in the background or using resources.

• 2. Re: PE12 Major Concerns
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Add On....

My post was aimed at

Looking forward to learning of any other experiences in this regard.

The Premiere Elements 12 tryout from Adobe from September 24th to October 7th did not display the delays as described in the computer environment described.

Numerous troubleshooting schemes have been worked through, a few listed in the list given in thread description.

To clarify Etc to a certain extent...that did include running with Startup and Services all diabled, but with "Hide all Microsoft services" under Services with a check mark.

There are several versions of Premiere Elements installed on this same Windows 7 64 bit computer and ALL (including Premiere Elements 11) are working very well without problem, that includes no extended delays in File Menu/New/Project and no major delays in closing the project/program in any of them.

The details are clearly presented above. I have placed in bold type those which I believe to be more significant than others at this time.These issues extend over to Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 8 64 bit, with the same installation disc used there as in Window 7 64 bit. But right now the focus is first on resolving all matters in Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit. Premiere Elements 12 tryout also ran with these problems on Windows 8 64 bit.

I am busy troubleshooting right now.

More later.

ATR

• 3. Re: PE12 Major Concerns
              nealeh Level 5

It was my understanding that the tryout and retail versions are the same. Are you able to compare the file lists (names, dates, sizes) from your decompressed download and the retail DVDs?

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: PE12 Major Concerns
                Markpic Level 1

PE 11 differs from PE 10 in that a internet connection is needed.

Hence a DSL-modem.

• 5. Re: PE12 Major Concerns
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Markpic

Please review your post since the topic is Premiere Elements 12, not 11 or 10.

In addition, I am not sure to what you are referring when you write

PE 11 differs from PE 10 in that a internet connection is needed.

Could you please cite a reference for that since I have not found that to be true as per the

Premiere Elements System Requirements and the definition of them. And, I have not

run into that with either my Premiere Elements 11 or 10 Windows.

ATR

• 6. Re: PE12 Major Concerns
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

Thanks.

I am checking every angle by the book, conventional, non conventional.

I have some "hot" non conventional leads that have popped up in the troubleshooting.

I do not want to write about them yet. I may have the answer for the Premiere Elements 12 Windows 7 64 bit side of things, but need to pick up the pace on the Premiere Elements 12 Windows 8 64 bit side of things.

I still have about 15 days on the tryouts that are now uninstalled. I think that they should work if I reinstall the Premiere Elements 12 tryout. What I may do if I do not get 100% success tonight is to reinstall the Premiere Elements 12 tryout and insert my purchased serial number and see what happens...works great like the original Premiere Elements 12 tryout or now the tryout has problems with the purchased serial number instead of the "Continue tryout" directive.

My original thought in posting this thread was not necessary to ask for help but rather to see if anyone else had run into this type of problem with Premiere Elements 12 and disc installation. Knowing that would give me direction in the troubleshooting that I know I must do.

Thanks for trying to help. We will look at what you suggest.

ATR