• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to specify font in RH 10 index pop-up menu

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to RH 10 and applied the patch for IE 10 compatibility. When I use the index in compiled webhelp, the index's pop-up menu that displays the names of topics associated with a keyword does not display all the topics associated with some keywords. The menu uses a serif font that is larger than shown in the same index when viewed in IE 9, and i believe that if I could make that font smaller, it would display all the topic names correctly.

This issue was described in the discussion "RH 10 issue with IE 10". However that discussion was garbled by users asking other questions & there was no clear response.

Does anyone actually know how I can change the font used in the pop-up menu? There was a suggestion in the other discussion that the font size is controlled by IE, not by RoboHelp. In IE, the instructions say that the selectable font is used when a web page doesn't specify a font. If that is the case, then I need instructions on what to change to specify the font.

The answer might involve modifying Robohelp files that use JavaScript. I do not know JavaScript and would need specific information (at the character-by-character level) of what to paste where in which file.

Many thanks,

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems to be an artifact created by IE10 because the same WebHelp file used with other browsers doesn't exhibit this font change. No user seems to have tried figuring out where it's going wrong under the hood either - I think we all just have to file bug reports with Adobe so that the RH team can get working on it and the other issues introduced with IE10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the browser is set to Compatibility Mode, the text is the correct size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So that definitely means it's an IE10 issue - putting it in Compatibility Mode makes the browser think it's running an IE9 or IE8 (can't remember which one it treats the page as) version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp