3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2013 1:37 PM by BobLevine

NeoOffice to Adobe InDesign

Mordecai1989

How do I take my manuscript from NeoOffice and place it into Adobe InDesign?

• 1. Re: NeoOffice to Adobe InDesign
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

I don't have Neo Office, but I think it will save in some text format like RTF, this can be placed into InDesign. Images used there separately to import in ID.

• 2. Re: NeoOffice to Adobe InDesign
            Mordecai1989 Level 1

Perhaps a great deal of my problem is that I'm extremely technologically

challenged--I've learned all that I know from sitting in front of a

computer and giving things a try, and often taking hours before I've worked

out how to do what folks who've studied computer or are technologically

savvy see in seconds or minutes. When I first knew that a computer could

help me do my work in university I started by trying to take a course in

computer science; I really had no time to be learning fifty terms for each

class and how the innards of computers operate, so I dropped the course.

Then I sat down finally in front of a computer and had to ask someone how

to turn it on! I've managed to learn many things over the years on my own,

but when told to start using Adobe InDesign for the writing I'm doing, that

set me back to almost the feeling of complete ignorance. I need

explanations of terms (RTF?) and instructions that tell me step by step how

to do what I must do to take from one application (NeoOffice word

processing) to Adobe InDesign.

Thanks for the attempt.

• 3. Re: NeoOffice to Adobe InDesign
              BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Try  a file > save as. There should be a choice of file formats to save as.

Choose RTF or Word if it's a choice.

Then use file > place in InDesign to place your document.