3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2013 4:39 PM by Steve Grisetti

Audio Sync Problem

thejohnnys

Hello, I am having a problem when I import a video into Premiere Elements 11 the audio is not synced up correctly. I am importing an old s-vhs tape that I have digitized. The file plays fine on my computer but when I import it into Premiere Elements 11 the sound in not in sync. I have imported other s-vhs tapes just fine but this one is giving me a problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Robert

• 1. Re: Audio Sync Problem
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You say you're digitizing analog video? What device are you using to digitize your video?

Most lower-end (under $100) devices, like the Dazzle, are designed to work only with the software that comes with them. Only true DV bridges, like those we recommend in a our FAQs, produce DV-AVIs, the only truly-compatible format for PC-based video editing of digitized video.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/431853?tstart=0

• 2. Re: Audio Sync Problem
            thejohnnys Level 1

Hi Steve,

Sorry about not getting back sooner but I had to take care of some family business. I looked at the FAQ's like you suggested and luckily I am using the ADS Pyro Audio Link which I purched several years age. It is working very well and I have never had a problem with it. I am in the process of digitizing almost 100 two hour home movie s-vhs tape which go back in some cases 25 years so I can archive them. The tapes are in great shape and look like they were shot yesterday. The project is going well. I have almost 80 of them digitized. I have started the second phase of the project which is to do a very quick edit of each one just cutting out the dead spots. I will then burn that edit to DVD and make several safety copies of each one to send to friends and family. Luckily so far I am only having audio sync problems with this one tape. I brought several others into the Premiere Elements 11 program just to check if they were ok audio sync wise and they were. Do you think it would be worth a try to digitize this problem tape again? Perhaps something happened just to this tape during the digitizing. This tape just happens to be the very first tape I shot back in July/August 1988 when my oldest son was born so it is quite important to us. I thank you in advance for you help and advice. Robert

• 3. Re: Audio Sync Problem
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, ensure that the videos you are capturing are DV-AVIs. They should be, if you're capturing them with Premiere Elements from that ADS Pyro.

Then output a test segment of your project that has the sync problems. Output it as a WMV file and see if the sync problems are visible on the WMV. If not, then don't worry about it. Your out of sync is just an illusion quite possibly caused by either a hardware or operating system issue, but it will not affect your finished piece.

If your output IS out of sync, open the original AVI in Windows Media Player and see if the out of sync issue is on your original capture.