8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2015 12:25 PM by ZombieGirl

InDesign CC won't start after update - serious error alert

peteremil

UPDATE: solved problem.

After digging in the online Help I found several leads to fixing the problem. Don't know for sure which one was the most effective, but I'll think it was the first of following list:

1) In Creative Cloud App: Sign Out & Sign In again. The initialization process will be restarted. Suddenly there was an InDesign CC Update - which wasn't shown before signing out...

2) Deleted the preference files in User/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/

3) Renamed the cache in User/Caches/Adobe InDesign/

~

For the curious I'll keep the backstory so others can benefit from it.

THE BACKSTORY:

After updating InDesign to CC on my iMac two weeks ago everything was fine. Didn't use InDesign for about one and a halve week because of holiday. Last Monday Adobe had a customer security alert.

Call it suspicious or plain coincidence: InDesign CC won't start up anymore. It throws an alert which states "serious error". I deleted the preferences files with the shortcut upon starting the app, deleted them manually, uninstalled the app complete with the preference files and installed a fresh copy from the Application Manager. But it still won't start up. It throws an error with a statement about permissions on the preference files. But there was no change in permissions made - at least not that I know of...

On my MacBook Pro InDesign CC starts up fine.

Photoshop CC starts up fine.

What can be done?! I really need to get access to my files & get my clients happy.