7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 4:03 AM by dgfitzpat1117

Multi-Cam in CS6

dgfitzpat1117

Within an already existing sequence, I have many clips: 4 video track and 1 audio track.  They are all synchronized for video and audio.  Within the sequence I have 4 video and 1 audio track that I want to process via the multi-camera facility.  I select the 5 tracks, click on "clips" but the  "create multi-camera source sequence"  is greyed out.  Is there a way to do this if the synchroniced clips are already in a sequence among many other adjacent clips.  I vaguley recall being able to do this in CS5.

• 1. Re: Multi-Cam in CS6
          TacoRye Level 1

I feel multi-camera capabilities in Premiere could be improved immensely. 

To answer your question, the way I have found works best is to:

1- Make markers on each clip in the source window.

2- Select each clip in the bin, holding down command (Mac) or ctrl (Win). 

3- Right click and select "Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence". 

4- A window will pop up asking how you want to sync the clips.  Select "Markers"

Premiere will create a Multi-Camera Source Sequence which you can drop into any timeline.

- Ryan

• 2. Re: Multi-Cam in CS6
            dgfitzpat1117 Level 1

Thx Ryan.  My situation is fairly complex but I will try your suggestion.

• 3. Re: Multi-Cam in CS6
              TacoRye Level 1

DgFitz,

We're you able to find a solution?

• 4. Re: Multi-Cam in CS6
                dgfitzpat1117 Level 1

No.  From what I can tell, the current procedure in CS6 is to select the

clips in the Project panel, select an "In" point and go from there.  This

works when you turn on multiple cameras and let them run for the length of

the event.  But in my situation, I'm using 5 cameras.  Two of the cameras

run for the duration of the event while the other three are "B" roll

cameras and have a number of 10-40 second clips.  Therefore, starting all

of the five cameras at a common "In" point in the Project panel doesn't

work.  I seem to vaguely recall that in CS5 there was a way to synchronize

and select the clips in the sequence timeline and start from there.  Does

that method still exist in CS6?

• 5. Re: Multi-Cam in CS6
                  TacoRye Level 1

I don't know if that feature exists.

What I would do in that situation is to get Pluraleyes.  Get all of those cameras synced.

That should put all of your B-roll clips in their proper places.

Then, nest the tracks and create the multicamera sequence.

Let me know if that works.

- Ryan

• 6. Re: Multi-Cam in CS6
                    Jim_Simon Level 8

I select the 5 tracks

After selecting, right click and Nest.  Then right click again and Enable Multicam.

• 7. Re: Multi-Cam in CS6
                      dgfitzpat1117 Level 1

Synching, nesting and moving to a new sequence works.  Thanks.