5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2013 9:36 AM by A.T. Romano

how to turn off auto-analyzer in Pre Elements 9

Dennis_EG-yx2hoX

I need to burn my project to DVD but at 95% it causes my Computer to crash to Blue Screen of Death. I read that turning off the Auto-Analyzer that might solve my issue's. Thanks...

• 1. Re: how to turn off auto-analyzer in Pre Elements 9
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It probably won't fix this issue. BSOD are signs of something pretty serious in this post-XP age of operating systems!

But you can turn off the Auto Analyzer in the preferences (under the Edit menu on a PC) in the Elements Organizer.

• 2. Re: how to turn off auto-analyzer in Pre Elements 9
            Dennis_EG-yx2hoX Level 1

Thanks already looked for the Edit Menu but didn't see it, I'll look again. It's only program that causes me any issues's though, nothing else makes my system crash ever. Running a Quad Core, A8 Vision, HP Laptop, with Windows 7. HP wouldn't help me when I tried to upgrade to Windows 8 even though I had warranty so no chance for me to fix anything in that regard. Although no other program gives me any problems though, maybe I'll just find a better program. Thanks...

• 3. Re: how to turn off auto-analyzer in Pre Elements 9
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dennis

As SG said...Elements Organizer 9, but look at Edit Menu/Preferences/Media-Analysis and the AutoAnalyzer options under that category.

Classical question...are you having the same problem with the burn to folder as you are having with the burn to disc DVD?

What does the burn dialog Quality area show for Space Required and Bitrate? And, what is on that Timeline to be burned to disc? What did you set as the project preset and what are the properties of your source media?

If AutoAnalyzer options off does not help, we need to look at the above in context with installed/available RAM and free hard drive space. How do you have your Scratch Disks set up?

ATR

• 4. Re: how to turn off auto-analyzer in Pre Elements 9
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Dennis,

For the BSOD issue, this article might be useful in helping you address that: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3465303#3465303

The main causes of a BSOD are mechanical (such as heat build-up, bad RAM, etc., and that article will help you track down any mechancial issues), or a bad low-level driver. Again, that article addresses tracking that issue down, with the Event Viewer.

Often, one sees such a problem manifest itself in one, or a very few programs, because that/those program(s) stress the computer, more than many (most?) other programs. The problem is not BECAUSE of the seemingly offending program, but because it needs more from the computer, than other programs, so one sees the issue, when using that program - Premiere WILL stress a computer with operations, such as Transcoding, or even Rendering. Those processes just point out a "weak link" in the computer, but do not directly CAUSE the BSOD - just call upon that weak link in the process.

I would address the BSOD first, as other troubleshooting might not address that. Once the cause of the BSOD has been isolated, and fixed, then other troubleshooting can take place, and probably yield better results.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: how to turn off auto-analyzer in Pre Elements 9
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Dennis

Just an add on....

Stressing the system can come in from many directions...

I would suggest at the onset ruling in or out the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 stress contributions to such an issue.

Please refer to my overall suggestions on that 3. I save other considerations for after if I have exhausted my

search for a specific Premiere Elements cause.

Sort of a related and unrelated observation....A case in point was last night when I was doing a large download and lost my "Recycle Bin", Control Panel options, and Computer drive displays to name a few. The download continued to a successful completion nontheless. After the download finished, and I restarted the computer, everything was back to "normal" without my help.

ATR