3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2013 8:40 AM by Kevin-Monahan

Analyze speech on a merged clip not working

monkeyfist12

In the past I've successfully analyzed the contents of video clips with good results.  I even have been able to use Story CC scripts.

When I try to analyze a merged clip (prores422 1080 24p, audio .wav) all options to analyze speech are grayed out.  I can analyze the video portion of the merged clip (even though it has no audio), but the .wav file gives me grayed out analyze content options.

Am I missing something?  Are .wav files unsupported?

The only workaround I can think of is to make new clips via media encoder.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Analyze speech on a merged clip not working
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

monkeyfist12 wrote:

In the past I've successfully analyzed the contents of video clips with good results.  I even have been able to use Story CC scripts.

When I try to analyze a merged clip (prores422 1080 24p, audio .wav) all options to analyze speech are grayed out.  I can analyze the video portion of the merged clip (even though it has no audio), but the .wav file gives me grayed out analyze content options.

Am I missing something?  Are .wav files unsupported?

The only workaround I can think of is to make new clips via media encoder.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks.

Hey there monkeyfist12,

Speech analysis won't work on merged clips, it's a known limitation. You should be able to analyze speech prior to merging them, however. Try it.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2. Re: Analyze speech on a merged clip not working
            monkeyfist12 Level 1

Thanks Kevin,

That's a bummer on the limitation, but your work around works! 

I analyzed the .wav got the transcription and viola shows up with the merged clip.

(Oddly I couldn't analyze the .wavs before but now I can).

Thanks for your quick response.

• 3. Re: Analyze speech on a merged clip not working
              Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi monkeyfist12,

You're very welcome.

Yeah, sorry that speech analysis won't work on merged clips. You can attach a script to merged clips, once they have been analyzed, however. If you want any enhancements for the future, please file a feature request: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,

Kevin