1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 3, 2008 5:35 PM by dimpled

Where is a sharedObject stored on disk?

random0xff
      I have created a very simple AIR application using Flex Builder 3 with the following click event:

var preferences:SharedObject = SharedObject.getLocal("preferences");

Now I know it created, I can set data and read it when I rerun the application (in debug mode). The thing is that I can't find the .sol file on my machine. It's supposed to be somewhere under

Documents and Settings/username/user_domain/Application Data/Macromedia/Flash Player/...

But it's not! I even tried searching with Windows, there is no .sol file anywhere on my machine! How is it possible that I can create the file, yet it doesn't exist? Where is it?
        • 1. Where is a sharedObject stored on disk?
          dimpled
          I assume you have "show hidden files" selected and "hide system files" unchecked in FolderOptions in your control panel?

Vista:
          users/user/AppData/Roaming/Macromedia/FlashPlayer/macromedia.com/support/flashplayer.sys/w ww.site.com/settings.sol

and

users/user/AppData/Roaming/Macromedia/FlashPlayer/#SharedObjects/idstring/www.site.com/fil e.sol

for XP, just replace users/user/AppData/Roaming with documents and settings/user/Application Data

For mac, just replace users/users/AppData/Roaming with Users/user/Library/Preferences/