1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 10, 2013 12:41 PM by areohbee

How to tell if exported photo came from a collection

matthewd-oz

Hi,

I am working on an export plugin which sends photos to an external app, which creates a new photo.  The plugin then imports the new photo into the same folder where the original(s) came from.

However if someone exports photos from within a collection, I would like to be able to add the new photo to the collection.

Is there some way I can tell whether the user exported photos from a collection, and if so, which one?

photo:getContainedCollections will tell me whether they are in any collections, but not if the user exported them from a collection, or which one.

catalog:getActiveSources() looks promising, but I haven't been able to get any information from it, and I gather that it has serious bugs up until late LR4 versions.

Is there some call I'm missing which will do the job?

Thanks in advance

Matthew

• 1. Re: How to tell if exported photo came from a collection
          areohbee Level 5

If your plugin is doing the exporting, just record which collections are in active sources upon export.

PS - I'm not aware of any problems with catalog:getActiveSources(), other than differences in what's returned for the special collections (e.g. all-photos and recent-imports collections) vs. non-special collections.

Of course you can't add photos to smart collections, so if collection is smart, consider an option for tagging in such a way that it will be auto-added (food for thought anyway, maybe doesn't apply...).

Rob