• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content categories cause error

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed the other day that using content categories causes an error in the output (see below). I verified this with a new test project with the same result. It is independent of the browser used.

All is fine if I manually open the start page in one of the subfolders in the Webhelp output. E.g., if the category is named "admin" then open the file "Admin.htm" in the subfolder "admin".

It looks like a script error to me, as if a variable was not resolved to set the correct file name for the start file. Any ideas? This in Win7 64bit.

error_rh_cc.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Where are you testing this? Are you testing by clicking the "View Result" button after you have generated? Or are you testing by clicking an HTM file that exists on a web server?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, that makes no difference, the error always occures. However I publish the files locally, not onto a server. I remeber though that this worked before, a few months ago.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2013 Oct 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there was a script error it would occur with the sample projects. Try one of those and see what happens.

I notice some % symbols in your path. Try losing those.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, the error also occurres with the demo projects, below the error message of the project "CCC". The % symbols are not part of the path, the RH script evidently puts them into the URL that is called.

ccc_error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the samples work OK on both 32 and 64 bit and Windows 7 and 8. You appear to have opened the sample that is in Program Files and you cannot fun it from there, that is a backup for the copy in your user profile.

To open the copy in your profile, click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

First see if that works.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thanks for hint however the same error occurres when I open the sample this way. I think this is a problem of my RH installation, the script on the start page does not resolve the path correctly.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your case it is happening with all projects so I agree a reinstall is next. Let us know how it goes.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to give some background on the error you're seeing: The text with percentage symbol is placeholder text in the template RH uses to create output. So it seems your generation process got corrupted. (I don't see how this can be project related.)

I agree with Peter that a reinstall may be the only solution.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp